Loved ringing in the New Year with some of my favorite people. There's not a lot of people I feel like I can truly just be me around and these are a few of them. There were a few more things we did during the Christmas vacation that were very memorable.
One of them was going to the Zac Brown Band concert. Joe and Lindsay were coming through on their way up to Utah where they are now living so they said they would watch the kids while we went to the concert. I almost didn't go because I wanted to spend time with them as well, but they insisted! I was glad we did! We had pit seats, well we STOOD in the pit but it really wasn't that bad!
And look how close we were!! The Zac Brown Band was AMAZING!! These guys are so incredibly talented and not only did they sing their songs which I love, but they sang a whole variety of songs from every genre! It was truly entertaining!
Yes, this is my husband Randy. I could barely believe it myself! Randy was invited to go on a pheasant hunt with some vendors and he decided to go! He was a little hesitant because how cold it was and he had never gone hunting before. But this was a little different.
There were different stations that the guys were set up at, and so it was someone else's turn each time that pheasants were released. I was told he did great, which I'm not surprised at. Randy is a natural at everything he does.
He had a lot of fun and came back with pheasants to eat. They prepared the pheasants there and sent them home in coolers, but I still didn't cook them! We sent them over to Randy's parents house and they had us over for dinner. The kids were so excited to eat something their dad had caught! I just like the pictures! He's so handsome!! :)
We also took the kids ice skating during our Christmas break. This was the first time for a least the younger two girls to go. I think Austin and Avery have been before with friends but as a family, this was our first trip.
Thank goodness for these little buckets! They got Addie off of the wall!
Austin was pretty brave! I'm probably holding onto him for balance!
Ashton felt safest between mom and dad!
The kids had so much fun!
Avery brought her friend, Peyton, with her. They were both naturals.
I believe Randy was trying to take Austin down and ended up going down as well! I might have been the only one who didn't fall!
Right before school was supposed to start back up, we had a huge snow that kept us out a little bit longer. I believe at one point Austin was helping dad, but it looks like he might have been sitting here a while!
We had all gone back inside to get warm and after a while we realized that Avery was no where to be found. When we found her she was out shoveling our neighbors driveway. We were so proud of her and her example. So much so that we went and shoveled a few other driveways for some neighbors. We love you, Avery!!







No comments:
Post a Comment