It was our very last day of summer! Yes, we are barely into our 2nd week of August and summer is over! Sniff, sniff. We wanted to take it for all it was worth so we headed up to Independence, KS to spend the afternoon with Auntie Jen and at the Independence Waterpark. Sadly, this was also our first time up to the waterpark this summer! I don't know what took us so long! WE LOVED IT!!
This was Ashton's first time to the waterpark... and I think she mistaked it for heaven! She was so happy! That girl was a water baby from the very beginning. You couldn't keep her head out of the water. I finally had to put her floaties on just to keep myself from having a panic attack. She is crazy!
Other years I would always wait for a weekend to take the kids up to Kansas because I get nervous in waterparks by myself with my kids. I always wanted Randy with me. Jen was the best! She is such a big help and we had such a good time. She hung out with the younger girls while I took some pictures and then she took the big kids over to the diving boards. They all had so much fun.
The waterpark doesn't open til 1pm, so we went early and brought lunch over to Jen and Jordan's house and hung out for a while. The only sad part was that the kids open house at school was that night, so we could only stay for a couple hours before we had to head back. Thanks for the fun day, Jen! We love you!

No comments:
Post a Comment