
So this is my 10th Mother's Day... and I feel like I have now finally figured out how to enjoy the day.

Up until now, I have been very critical of my dear sweet husband. I think my thought process was "ok, so how much do you really appreciate me... and you better show it all to me today." But this year was different.

Growing up all I wanted to be was a mother. Everything I did, my thought process was always directed to if this would help me be a good mother.

Even dating, I found Randy quite early... poor guy! He never had a chance! I knew he loved kids and he was fun and always took care of me so I refused to let him go. And I was right!

And when it came to college, I graduated from BYU with a Bachelors of Science in psychology because I thought it would help me be a better mom.

My kids mean everything to me, and I have now decided that my Mother's Day is about celebrating them and not me. And celebrating my wonderful husband who makes it possible for me to do the one and only job I've ever wanted to do... being a mother.

We had such a fun day resting, playing and just enjoying one another. I did get a few sweet gifts... jean capris from Austin, Addison and Ashton and shoes from Avery that she bought with her own money.

Ashton told Randy she wanted to get me a Happy Meal for Mother's Day!

We'll have to do that another day! But for now and hopefully every Mother's Day to come, I just want to appreciate the gift God has already given me and not make it about material things. I have been so blessed!
1 comment:
Such a great perspective on Mother's Day Shallan. I love it!
Post a Comment