Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Spring Soccer '11

Spring Soccer '11 is getting ready to come to an end. It's been a great season and as always we have loved watching the kids play and grow as individuals and as a team.
This year Avery was on the Ladybugs. She's been with a great group of girls and a great coach, Woody Morgan, this year which has really helped her focus and learn more of the skills needed to be a good soccer player.She has mainly been playing forward this year, and we've been witnessing some beautiful shots at goal! This kick she is getting ready to take turns into one of her goals. I love watching her play. This year I have really noticed how focused she is and also how long her legs have gotten!

Austin is still on his original team, the Storm. They mainly have the same group of boys with a few changes here and there.Russ Vaclaw is there coach again, and has really gotten the boys to work harder at spreading out and passing.
I've really noticed Austin's speed and determination improving. He seems to be more defensively minded and doesn't score as many goals but he has gotten some great assists and has also stopped a lot of goals from occurring in his goal!

My kids are growing up!! This year was Addie's first year to play soccer! She was so ready! I think Randy and I were a little nervous, so he volunteered to coach her for her first year with help from our friend Brian Christiansen. Addie was excited because her friend, Ellie, was on her team too. Randy was also assistant coach for both Avery and Austin's teams so he has been quite busy. Not to mention that he joined the Soccer Board!
Addie did start off very timid, but it didn't last too long. She has had two games where she has scored 5 goals! What I'm really amazed at is that she actually keeps the ball close and dribbles it around people.
I'm really proud of this little girl! She's always ready to go to soccer and get in her uniform. She loves soccer and is sad that it's over. Her team doesn't have a name, but she named her team the Lightning. :)
With three kids playing, we spend pretty much all day Saturdays at the fields. Ashton has been a great sport! She is just as much into it as everyone else! She grabbed Avery's socks, shin guards, and shoes after her game and put them on herself!
And here she is cheering on Addie! There were a couple of games that overlapped so we would have to spend half of a game at one field and then switch to another field. But for the most part they were mainly one right after the other.

My kids have been very fortunate to have many "fans" at each of their games. This particular day Ashton ran over to Gum-Gum to get catch a "ride" on her walker. I'm so glad that my mom is still able to bring my grandma out to watch the kids play. Randy's parents were also at most of the games cheering on their grandchildren. I hope my kids know how lucky they are to have so much support and love so close to them! Great season guys!! We had a blast!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love those action shots! You really have the cutest kids!