One of the dad's wanted to be the Yankees, but Randy wouldn't have it! Of course we wanted to be the Braves... but in the end we settled for middle ground and went for the Rockies! :) And they made a name for themselves!! Their first tournament ever they got 3rd place.
This was the beginning part of summer but it felt like August out there! The heat and humidity came early this year. Luckily most of us had tents and one of the coaches bought a tarp to go over the boys as their dug-out was just a fence with no shade! And every single person now owns a valuable Frog Tog. Those things were lifesavers!
The parking lot was forever away and we had coolers and tents to carry... but Ashton figured out a way that she didn't have to walk! It was so adorable! The girls actually did very well at all the games. They brought things to do and had friends to play with, but I hardly ever had to deal with complaining. They almost always left me alone to cheer on my boys!
The State Tournament was their 3rd and final tournament of the summer, but the second tournament the played, they won! They were given medals and t-shirts. I think Randy had just as much fun as Austin! Randy was the third base coach and I was so impressed with his coaching. He really taught the boys to depend on and listen to their coaches. Brandon Revard was our pitcher and I don't know how he was able to throw strike after strike, but he really made it easy for the boys to hit the ball. Like I said, we had a great group of kids and parents and it made the heat almost forgettable!
No comments:
Post a Comment