This year's World Series was with the Texas Rangers and the St. Louis Cardinals. Now, growing up Randy and I were both huge Atlanta Braves fans. We still are, but since they don't have their own network anymore we don't see as many games. And since Oklahoma doesn't have a Major League Baseball team, we tend to root for the surrounding States. So for us to have two surrounding States in the World Series, it was pretty exciting around our house. When it was decided that there would be a game 7, Randy and his friends couldn't contain themselves... they had to be there!!!
So John Colaw, Randy and Kyle Hubbard packed up Saturday morning and drove all the way to St. Louis. It was right before Randy's birthday, so I thought there couldn't be any better birthday gift than to let him go to the World Series!
The excitement was contagious!! The whole crowd was on cloud nine!
Randy's didn't buy his ticket until he got to the stadium... but from the picture you can tell that it really wasn't a bad seat! Of course the downfall was that he didn't get to sit with Kyle and John.
However, Randy said he never felt alone! Everyone you sat by was your "best friend". Lots of talking to each other, clapping, high fives, etc.
Someone even offered to take a picture of him, which I was very grateful for! So, Randy had been rooting for the Rangers most of the way through the series since they have never won, but with the crowd he was in I suggested he root for the Cardinals! I don't think he could help but go for them with the people he was around! He even borrowed a Cardinals pullover from his friend. :)
And it was definitely more fun routing for the winning team! Way to go Cardinals!
Randy stuck around for the ceremonies and stayed out most of the night watching the crazy crowds! People celebrated ALL night! It was quite the sight to see I am told! I don't think I will ever be able to top this birthday present! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment