Friday, December 30, 2011

Introducing... Bailey :)

Not long after Christmas, Randy was looking at a list they have up at work where people sell things, and there were some Yorshire Terrier puppies for sale. Randy is super allergic to animals but my sister, Amy, has one of these dogs and it's never affected Randy as badly as other dogs.
I told him is was completely up to him because I wanted him to be comfortable in his own home. So as soon as the kids got out of school we took off to Copan to go look at the puppies. (Ashton and our friend Kate love Bailey!)
We didn't tell the kids what we were doing.... and we even went into the house by ourselves in case we got cold feet. (Addie loves to hold Bailey... she never wants to put her down!)
But once we saw Bailey, we fell in love. We let the kids come in... and there was no leaving without her at that point! (Bailey knows when Austin comes around, it's time to play!)

We went straight to Atwoods to get all the things we thought we would need... this is our very first pet after all! (Avery loves her dog!)
It really is just like having a baby all over again. I'm glad we waited until after my kids were more grown up. Honestly, there are some nights when she and I are not friends... but by the morning all is forgiven. I mean, look at that face!
The most important part is that Randy loves her. He goes looking for her as soon as he gets home. We signed up for an obedience class and I'm super excited to get her trained and help her learn a few tricks.
Welcome to the family, Bailey!




No comments: