
I love basketball. It's inside so you don't have to worry about the weather and you have the opportunity to be fairly close to the court. At this age you are really close to the court. So when Austin expressed interest in basketball I was pretty excited.

Our first purchase for our new home- along with a new television which was bought on the same shopping excursion, was a basketball goal. And boy was it a good idea! Now, I agree Austin needs to work on his form, but that boy loves shooting baskets. He is outside as much as he can possibly get away with.

Austin is playing for the YMCA, which is basically the only form of basketball there is in this town. There are 8 kids on his team which means that each kid gets to play every other quarter.

Austin is trying to learn the fundamentals, and sometimes he takes what his coach is telling him a little too literally... but I'm proud of him for the way he does listen and the way he hustles.

I was so excited in this particular game because Austin got fouled shooting the ball. He usually makes one attempt each game to shoot, but I'm sure his confidence will grow with time.

The important thing is that he loves the game. I think they won one game this season, but Austin has never complained and is always ready to get back out there to play. I'm so excited to watch him grow and develop in this sport.
1 comment:
I love basketball too, so much easier to get to and watch! Way to go Austin. I'm sure he'll be a great player with all that work he's putting in!
Post a Comment