One of the things my husband is good at, is being spontaneous. It's almost always stressful for me because it's last minute and I have to scramble to pack, clean, and get sitters... but it is also always fun! This time, he called me when he found out last minute that the US Women's Soccer team was playing down in Dallas, TX. We got tickets for the older kids to go but decided to leave the little girls back with my mom. It was a good choice! Even Dallas, TX gets cold in February!
We brought along Avery's really close friend and soccer teammate, Peyton Winters. Peyton's mom found out that there was an open practice the day before, and she also bought Abby Womack shirts for the girls to have signed. We got there early so we could get good seats.
One of our favorite players is the goalie, Hope Solo. I loved this pic I grabbed of her.
The kids were just in awe to be able to see these girls who we had been cheering on in the World Cup now in person!
It was worth getting there early... we got front row seats! However, as you can tell there were lots of people who paid fifty dollars each to stand for the whole practice on the field. I don't know... I think I would have gotten tired. Once we got into the stadium and because we were down so low it wasn't cold anymore. I was really hoping that the game would be the same the next day.
Abby Wombach is of course another favorite, and since the girls had her shirt, they were really hoping for her signature.
Here's my boys! The practice was a lot of fun, I was so glad we got to do that! It was a special experience and it really got us pumped up for the game the next day.
After practice, the players all come over to sign autographs. This was when those people standing got their money's worth! Luckily Avery and Peyton were able to pass their shirts down and the nice people standing handed the shirts up for autographs.
Once the players picked a certain area, there was no moving around because so many people were coming to them for their autographs. We didn't even see where Abby went. I found Hope signing autographs pretty close so I went over to snap a picture. It was amazing how many fans were there!
Hope waved good-bye to the crowd as they all left. We couldn't wait to see them again tomorrow!





No comments:
Post a Comment