We had such a fun and very, very, full Easter weekend! It started Friday at brunch. We were invited with a lot of other friends over to Russ and Emilie Vaclaw's house. Everyone brought food and we had a little feast! Next came the Easter egg hunt for the kids.
The smaller kids went first. Here are Ashton and Addie with their friend, Blythe. They are so excited to collect eggs!
The older kids were sweet and helped the younger kids find the eggs.
Sora was Addie's big helper!
And then it was the big kids turn! I attempted taking pictures of them collecting eggs, but they were too fast! So this is after their hunt! Here is Sora, MaryKate, Avery and Mika.
And the boys went off to their own place to check out their goods!
Here is our sweet baby Kate... not so much a baby anymore! She and Ashton were wanting to go ahead and eat everything they had gotten!
We have such great friends and feel very blessed that they also have kids the same ages as ours. Here is Evie and Addie.
Hours later, we changed clothes to dye eggs at my grandma's house with my mom, grandma, Auntie June, Sara, Mika and Sora! My mom also fixed a yummy lunch for us all!
My mom decided this year that each kid could have their own DOZEN eggs! Austin is loving it. But I have four kids.... does anyone want any hard boiled eggs?!?!
Avery had gone with Sara after we left the Vaclaw's house so she was still in her nice shirt... but she found a towel to help protect her.
Addie was very serious and wanted all her eggs to sit in the mugs for a very long time so they got nice and bright.
Look at that concentration! Ashton was painting her egg before dyeing it. They always love doing this with my mom and grandma and I'm always glad they do it because then I don't have to! :)
Saturday was soccer as always, and then Sunday morning the Easter bunny came!
The kids all got pajamas, coloring things, some cool glasses, and of course lots of candy.
The on-lookers! :)
For breakfast we made the Empty Tomb rolls. They were so yummy... however I learned my lesson. Don't put the biscuits on a flat cookie sheet as the marshmallow in the middle melts out- like it's supposed to- to create the empty tomb. However it went all over the bottom of my oven! That was a fun mess to clean up!
Here are the kids enjoying their cinnamon Empty Tomb rolls. Happy Easter you funny bunnies!
Time to get ready for church! We had bought these outfits for family pictures, so you will see them again soon. But since that is going to be down in Houston, I figured I could use them for Easter as well!
I need to invest in a tripod so we can all be in one picture together! Here I am with the kids...
and Randy with the kids!
And a quick shot of me with my handsome man! :)
After church we went home to change and then headed over to Randy's parents house for hamburgers and hot dogs. After dinner, the kids were given instructions on this years Easter egg hunt.
They little kids got to go first.
Here is Addie with her cousins Hannah and Logan... waiting patiently for their time to go. Actually I'm not sure why Logan isn't out there with Ashton!
And then they were off! Everyone returned with their buckets overflowing!
I had a hard time AGAIN grabbing any pictures of Avery or Austin- they were too fast! I barely got the backside of Avery!
I finally caught up with Austin inside! They always have such a fun time at Easter!













No comments:
Post a Comment