Monday, April 23, 2012

Robert and Jenny's Wedding Weekend

We were looking forward to this weekend for so long!  At first I thought it was taking forever... but all of a sudden it was here and gone!  Jenny and Bubba did an amazing job planning the whole weekend and including everyone.  One of the first activities for the girls was a spa day!  We got to relax, be pampered, get manicures and pedicures, have lunch brought in from Panera Bread, and even had a sweet little gift bag afterwards.  It was such a great afternoon!  Earlier in the morning, the boys got to go golfing.
After I got back from our spa day, I hurried and got the kids ready for the wedding rehearsal and also for family pictures afterwards.  The weather forecast earlier in the week had it raining on Saturday, but luckily it hurried up and rained Friday instead.  That hurt our chances for family pictures, but at least the wedding day was beautiful!  Here is Ashton with her best friend, Tyler.  Ashton loves Tyler and couldn't wait to see him again!  They are hanging out in the lobby waiting for everyone else to come down... and for the rain to slow down.
Rehearsal went well and fast!  Robert's son Hudson and Julie's son Tanner were the ring bearers.
And Addie and Ashton were the flower girls.  They were so excited and talked about it all the time.  Not much of smiles here... they were really nervous!  But on the actual day they both had smiles on their face.  I can't wait to see all the pictures.
The beautiful bride and handsome groom!  We love Jenny and have been so excited to finally get to call her our sister-in-law!  She comes from the sweetest family and she's going to be a great addition to ours!
A few of the cute spectators!
So, the rain let up enough for us to take a few quick shots as we were already running late for the rehearsal dinner... or so we thought. :)  This was the best picture I got of the grandkids.  I would name them all, but since I went ahead and put in individual families, I'll just name them then!  Except that the cute little guy in the middle who isn't looking at the camera is Robert's son Hudson.  Robert and Jenny took off before we got their family picture!
So here is the whole original Ed and Shirley John clan.  Julie, Renee, Jolene, Shirley, Eddy, Randy, Robert, Ryan and Ricky.
I put the families in order from oldest to youngest just to organize it all!  Here is Renee with her children Ashleigh and Chance.
Next is Ricky and Anne with their children Tyler, Rachel and Drew.
Then Jolene and Karl and their children Amanda, Jacob, Kurtis, Trevor and little Zachary.
Randy and I with our kids Avery, Austin, Addison and Ashton.
Next is Ryan and Jessica with their children Jenny, Hannah, Logan and Emma.
And then Julie and Derek with Tanner and Taylor.  Robert would come next with Jenny and Hudson.
After pictures we took off to Next Door, a little patio bar that was actually next door to the restaurant we would be eating at.  Basically the restaurant would almost be closing down to accompany our crowd, so we had appetizers and drinks at this little patio until it was time for our dinner.  Here is Ashton, Rachel, Avery and Addie.  Austin is hiding, so we won't include him in this picture. :)
Some more cousin fun with Jenny, Addie and Hannah.
Look how well we match!  Anne and I hanging out.
Renee hates having pictures taken so she was sweet to smile for my camera!  Thanks for putting up with me!
Jenny changed into this beautiful dress and posed with one of her bridesmaids and Ashton.  AJ fell in love with all the bridesmaids which was so helpful because she and Addie stayed with them through the whole wedding.  They did so good and sat so still.  I was so proud of them!
"Cocktail" hour got pretty long so I snapped a lot of pictures!  Here is Ryan and Jessica with their little Emma Jane.
Robert and Jenny took some time to thank everyone for coming and had gifts for those who were participating in the wedding.
Addie and Ashton received their first Coach purses!  It had some gum, chapstick and money inside too!  After this moment, you didn't catch these two without their purses!  They were so excited!
We were all meeting little Zachary for the first time... but no one was more excited than Emma!  She hugged him....
and hugged him again...
and needed just one more hug!!  She loved him... it was like she knew him and missed him!  She couldn't get enough!
It's been a long time since we've seen Jolene and her family... we have missed them!  Anne and Jolene catching up.
Ricky, Randy and Karl passing the time away.
Da boys!!  At least some of the boys!  Logan, Austin, Hudson, Tanner and Drew. 
 My camera gave up on wedding day, so I'm super excited to see what the photographers pictures look like.  The rest of these pictures are off of our phones, so they aren't very good.  The groomsmen were all Bubba's friends growing up so I knew them all.  They fell in love with our daughters.  This pose with the girls hand on their shoulders was their favorite! :)
 Daddy with his little flower girls.  They looked so beautiful!
 I was in charge of doing their hair which is something I do every day but this day I was so nervous!  Luckily everything went great! :)
 The wedding was beautiful and the reception dinner was amazing.  It was such a neat location and matched so well with her colors!  Like I said, she did an amazing job!  Austin and Drew were really thirsty I believe!  I have no idea how many straws each of them has!
Ashton with her best friend Tyler again! :)
 And here I am with my best friend too!!
 Sweet girls Avery and Rachel!
 And little man Hudson.  I think he was tuckered out from dancing so much!
 Amanda and Avery did a little line dancing themselves!  It was a fun evening!
 After the reception we went back to relax at our hotel.  This hotel was great, especially for our family!  They had a big outside hangout area with a natural gas fireplace.  Next to that was the pool/hot tub, and next to that was a basketball court.  So there was a lot for us all to do.  There was also a little miniature golf spot too.
 Addie is happy that she finally got to swim!  
 Ashton wanted to swim so bad...but totally crashed on the way back to the hotel!
 Austin enjoying the hot tub.
 And Rachel and Avery enjoying their last night together.
Ashton woke up with enough time to grab a quick swim and then get in her pj's.  We all had such a great time and are so happy for Robert and Jenny and wish them all the best as the begin their life together as a family.

No comments: