Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

 There's LOVE in the air!  Yup folks, it's that time of year!  Valentine's Day is a fun holiday to show everyone how much you love them.  I don't go all out, but I try to do a few special things.
 This year I decided to hang hearts from all of the kids' doors and tell them how much I love them on the hearts.  I was actually really surprised at how excited they were about this little gesture.  They sat there and read every sign.  Good thing I took the time to individualize them!
 So I looked on Pinterest (an absolutely favorite spot of mine) and found a cute idea for rearranging cinnamon rolls into hearts.  But silly me... I didn't buy the cinnamon rolls that rolled out!  So, I had to attempt my very best to change these round cinnamon rolls into a heart shape.  You can kind of get the picture, right?!?
 Avery was the first one up of course since she catches the bus first.  We sprinkled a few Valentine M&M's on there... as if a cinnamon roll wasn't sugary enough!  But it's Valentine's Day- load it up!
 We got the kids all dressed in their best reds, pinks and hearts, and sent them off to school!  Luckily the school has started off-setting the parties so different grades are partying at different times.  It helps when you have three kids at the same school!  Austin's party still coincided with one of the other parties...
 but I was able to go to Addie's party.  Here she is with her friend and desk buddy Chloe playing Valentine Bingo.  They played until everyone had a chance to win and get a prize.
 And I was able to make it to Ashton's Valentine party.  They had different stations and in the end had more sugary treats to eat!
When the kids got home from school, I had made, yes, another sugary treat!  I think we all crashed at the end of the day from a major sugar high... but feeling very, very loved!  Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

No comments: