So, as I mentioned, I got behind on my blog and am still playing catch up! Each of the events on this post should get their own page but because I'm really not sure what order it all goes in and with still being so far behind, I decided to make one big post about the rest of the school year and a few of the events that went on during that time. Avery is loving being over at Madison Middle School and doing the choir. She had a lot of great performances this year... but the last one was the most fun. The theme for this concert was songs from the movies and after weeks and weeks of stressing and practicing, Avery tried out for a solo part. They picked two people from each grade to perform a solo... and Avery was chosen for the 6th grade girl! We were so proud of her! Randy and I took her out to dinner before the big event.
Here she is with some of the other kids in the choir... they are still lining up but I tried to hurry and grab a picture before I couldn't see her anymore on that back row! When she sang her solo (which was A Thousand Years by Christina Perri from the movie Twilight), she was up on stage by herself. I didn't get a picture of that because I was video taping. I still don't know my camera well enough to get good pictures in a darker room far away... hopefully someday! I love Avery's voice and Randy and I were so proud of her to be able to get up and sing to all the parents and students that came that night. She was amazing.
Senior night at the high school soccer game brought out the best of the best! Which, of course, were the little soccer players who got to escort the varsity players out on to the field. Lucky for us we have a great friend, Garrett Hartzfeld, who plays varsity and the girls were able to escort him! They had so much fun being out on the field with the big soccer players!
Ashton had a "Student of the Day" day at school. Her day includes a parent coming to school and reading to the class and getting to eat lunch with them. Guess who the lucky parent was? ME!!! I was so happy that she was so happy to have me there! She's such a sweetheart!
This was Austin's year to be in the Oklahoma Land Run Reenactment! The kids are grouped into families, and Austin was a son. They weren't one of the "Sooner" families but they still got some good land and had a great time!
Addie and the rest of the first graders performed in front of the school at one of the assemblies. They sang songs about music and instruments. She did a great job!
At one of the assemblies, Austin was awarded with the Citizenship Award! We were so proud of him!
Ranch Height Elementary had a movie night at school. The kids got to bring blankets, pillows and/or sleeping bags and watch a movie in the gymnasium and get popcorn, drinks and prizes. The movie this year was Hotel Transylvania. I hadn't seen it before and it was actually really cute! I can't remember why but this was a night that it was just me with the little girls.
After the movie we continued our "date night" at Cherry Berrry. All smiles here!!!
Ashton and the rest of the PreK kids were asked to perform some songs at one of the PTO meetings. Randy was in charge of baseball and soccer so I took Addie and we watched Ashton perform. She is so great at memorizing songs and it was so cute to see her singing and doing all the actions to the songs. Afterwards, I took the kids over for some well-deserved shaved ice.
Towards the end of the year the kids always have theme days, and this day was wear your favorite team shirt. Luckily for the girls... Austin has a lot of favorite teams and let them borrow shirts! I promise, he's not mad that they were wearing his shirts! Austin NEVER has a bad morning. He wakes up, puts on whatever I have laying out for him with no complaints and finishes with everything else he has to do. He is a morning kid.... EXCEPT for this day!!!
Fourth and Fifth graders compete against the other elementary schools in a track and field day. This was Austin's first year to compete and he was so nervous!!! In fact, he was so nervous that he signed up for team walk and softball throw!!! I know, I know... it was hard to swallow being a sports-family. But we went and supported. He said next year he'll try some races!
Last day of school!! It actually cooled down enough for the girls to need a jacket! But they didn't care... it was the last day of school!
They had an assembly on the last day of school so Randy and I went up and got to see Addie get the Citizenship Award for her class! We were so proud of her!
Our school has an amazing faculty, and since the kids earned enough money in a fundraiser they were treated with a rock concert. The rock stars consisted of their principle, gym teacher, music teacher and one of their 2nd grade teachers! It was hilarious and the kids loved it! Such a fun year! The most special part for me always is that Randy takes the time to come to almost all of these events with me. I stay at home so for me its easy to attend the kids events. For Randy, he has to schedule around meetings and deadlines but he always makes it a priority. I always feel so much better having him by my side but more importantly, the kids love looking out into the crowd and seeing both their parents there supporting them. Thank you, Randy, for always making us your priority!


No comments:
Post a Comment