Monday, June 24, 2013

Highlights of Summer '13

Summer wouldn't be summer without golf!  Actually this picture of Randy golfing was his trip to Las Vegas back in April.  But it was too beautiful not to post here!
I always make the kids go to the golf camp in town during the summer.  I say "make" because I actually do have to make Avery go every year.  Austin loves it.  Avery complains all the way up to the course and then when I pick her up she's had such a great time.  And it goes like this every day I take her, every summer I take her!  hahaha!  At least she's consistent!  I'm hoping this next year it won't be such a struggle.  She's actually asking to go out to the course now so hopefully thats a good sign!

Randy and Austin won the parent/child tournament that they hold at the end of the camp for Austin's age group!

And Avery won her girls age group individual tournament.  We love golf!
There will be lots of evenings that we don't have anything going on so either all of us or sometimes just one of us will go over to the golf course with Randy.  This time was Addie's turn.

I was very impressed with this picture Randy took of Addie when they went all by themselves one day.  Hopefully this means my picture taking is rubbing off on him!  She's so cute!
Summer golf is the best... especially when you get to drive the cart!
Addie will be joining Avery and Austin this next year for golf camp... and this little girl won't be too far behind!  Right now, she helps mommy be the caddie!
Another activity that we like to take advantage of is swimming!  We have such great friends that always invite us over to swim and we really appreciate it!
There's nothing like swimming during an Oklahoma summer!  Thanks, Ahlerts and Vaclaws for always thinking of us!
The Vaclaw's were visiting from Houston so we got in a lot of swim time!
They even rented a few blow-up toys for a day that the kids had a blast playing on!
And other fun games too!
Ashton is taking Jakey for a ride!  Little did they know Randy would find a job for Tyler back in Bartlesville and they would be moving back before the summer was over!  Yay!!!!  Our friends are back!!!
This summer we also hit up quite a few Tulsa Drillers baseball games!
This particular time we went with the Ahlert's and Vaclaw's.  The Drillers were actually good this year!
We also made some time for the Kiddie Park!  We have skipped this activity for a few years because it is always so crowded but the kids had a blast!  Avery and Austin are getting a little big for most of the rides... but you are never too big for the train ride!
We actually went to the Kiddie Park more than once this year!  Amazing, I know!  Here are the girls with Laynie and Ethan Hansen.  And little Blakey Jones is with them on the turtle ride.
We've had such a full, fun-filled summer!  It also included
Aunt Stacy Camp!   Stacy Lard puts on such an incredible day for the girls and we feel so blessed that she asks our girls to attend.  This year's theme was mustaches... so adorable!
The little girls also participated in summer gymnastics... probably their favorite thing all summer!
Avery went to her first year of girls camp at our church and loved it!  She must not be like me because I never liked girls camp!  I am a leader in Young Women's right now so I got to go spend a day with her.  It was a lot of fun!
There was one night that it was just Austin and I at home so we took advantage of it and went on a date!  Movie night with my second favorite man!  So much fun!
Randy was given tickets to a suite in the BOK Center to watch the WNBA play basketball.  The kids and I had so much fun!!  This was the first of many times we were able to get tickets up in this suite!  More dates in this suite to come!
We've also had some more touching moments this summer.  Randy and I celebrated 14 years this year.  We always celebrate with a group of friends that share similar Anniversary dates.  I love you, Randy!  My best years have and will always be when I'm with you!! 
This summer was also Avery's first time to the temple to do baptisms in behalf of those who have died and weren't able to be baptized for themselves.  Such a special day!
 We were blessed to have my mom come along with us.  Three generations of women all in the House of the Lord.  What an amazing feeling!

No comments: