Monday, June 16, 2014

Friends Forever

One of my favorite parts of this summer was having my oldest and dearest friend, Kandee, come back and visit with her kids.  I owe so much of my life to her!  She was my rock and my angel all through grade school and even though we live so far away from each other, she is still that same friend to me today.  I could never repay her or her family for the things they did for me.  We have many amazing memories of trips they would take me on and outings we would do together, but the love and support and 2nd home they gave me helped me become the person I am today.  What's crazy to me is that Kandee will tell me the same thing, which I never realized, that I was being that person to her too!  We needed each other... and that's true friendship!

 Warning: there are a lot of pictures from our few days together!  But these were priceless memories to me and I don't know the next time we will be able to get together!  The Ahlerts were having us look after their house a little while they were gone this summer and it happened to be while Kandee was in town so we took them over there to swim.  Austin and Ethan are pretty close in age.  Kandee and Anton lived with the Coffman's for a year or so when Austin and Ethan were younger and they still remembered each other.  Their friendship came back instantly.

 Laura and Ashton didn't know each other, but I've never seen two girls instantly become soul sisters (which is what I call Kandee and I).  Like mothers, like daughters!

 And the same goes for Tessa and Addison!  Tessa was a little girl when they moved to Las Vegas but she and Addie hit it right off!

 We had them all over for dinner one night and the kids congregated on the stairs to play games!  

 We also went to lunch one day over to Amy's house.  She had been out of town and we were excited to bring the "three amigos" back together.  We've been together since nursery at church and I thank God for these girls all the time!

 Another day, we headed off to the Kiddie Park.  Our kids are almost too big for this park but they all had a blast.  This was one of my favorite moments of our kids walking in to the park.  Amy's little guy Owen, Kandee's youngest Laura, and my little Ashton... all holding hands.  Makes my heart so happy!

 Just like we'd never been apart!

 Kandee has such a sweet little family and it was so much fun to have them here!

 And what made it even more fun is that our kids love each other just as much!!

 Ellie, Tessa and Addison

 Laura, Ashton and Avery

 The kids started going all different directions so it was hard to keep up and take pictures!  Here's Avery and Ethan in the barrels.  Austin must have had baseball this night!

 Owen, Sam and Ashton were the only ones small enough to go on the Ferris Wheel!  I had to grab a picture of this because I'm sure this was Ashton and Sam's last ride!

 And of course everyone loves the roller coaster!

Here's Ellie and Avery, Addie and Tessa!

My kids keep saying how they miss their new friends and keep asking when can we see them again.  I'm so glad they came to visit!!  Maybe next time we will have to go to Vegas to see them!

No comments: