I thought I'd put a lot of our summer activities all in one post! As the kids get older it seems like summers are so much more relaxing and in turn go by so much faster! We really enjoyed this summer! Well, most of it! Randy signed me up to be in charge of the concession stand at the baseball fields! Yes, he did- without asking. And No, he will not do that again! haha!!
I didn't get to see much of Austin's games this summer but I heard he did really good! And I don't look back at being in charge of the concession as a bad time. It was stressful at times and I was happy when it was over but it kept the kids working hard and I know they will always remember it.
Austin played in a tournament in Dewey one weekend so we called up Julie to let her know since they just lived down the street. It was fun to have a few extra friends/cousins around (Tanner and Taylor) to entertain the girls!
Austin hit a triple one game, which was rewarded with a banana split from Braums. It's fun having summer start off with baseball!
And nothing says summer like swimming! Avery has such a great group of friends right now. She is really blessed! Here she is with two of them, Mikah and MaryKate.
We love summers at the Ahlerts house!
Avery and Julianna living it up!
Even Ashton can "ride the waves"!
Having three girls, the hair can be the best OR the worst part of every day! This day, it was the BEST!! I had so much fun braiding their hair for a summer day at the pool! And Austin is really rocking the hair too!!
I absolutely LOVE summer rains!
Randy and I spotted this little family enjoying one of our summer rains too! So cute!!
The kids still find plenty to do when it is raining. Nothing slows them down!
Even Buddy the dog can handle the rain... well, almost!
Another fun summer activity the kids do is golf camp.
Ashton wasn't quite old enough for camp this year so while the kids were golfing she was mastering her swim! And I don't say that lightly! She started in one class, got bumped up halfway to another class, and then passed that class all in one session! So proud of her!
We love golfing over the summer!
After their lessons were over, we would head over to the driving range so that Ashton could take some turns hitting. I took this picture to send to Randy, I knew it would make his heart happy. I just wish I could golf!
After golf camp, I put the three younger ones back in to swimming lessons. Austin has now passed all classes!
We also spent some time in Tulsa watching the Tulsa Drillers play.
We all love going to these games, and every year we wish we would have made it to more! They are so much fun to watch and they have a great stadium. A favorite past time!
Gymnastics was also a part of our summer! Addie and Ashton love taking classes! I'm afraid they are starting to get a little old for the girls class. They are to the age that you either join the team (which is too expensive and time-consuming) or you stop. But they've had fun and I'm glad its been a part of our summer activities.
My friends took me out for my birthday this summer to get pedicures. We rented out the building after hours and ordered sushi. It was so much fun! I'm so lucky to have such great friends which include Tami, Emily, Amy and Ashley!
We also went to a couple of shows this summer. The Children's Musical Theater of Bartlesville put on the play Peter Pan, which we really enjoyed watching!
Some of our friends, Jadyn and Jesi were in it so we stayed afterwards to congratulate them.
Randy and I also got to go see Wicked again for a second time! I was so crazy excited.... and it was just as good the second time!!
We surprised Avery by taking her with us. This was her first time to see it and she became an instant fan as well!!
While we were there in Tulsa watching Wicked, our kids were playing with Scott and Ashley Petty! They were so sweet to go get our kids and take them out for some fun! We love them to pieces!
Another of our regular summer events is going out on a couples Anniversary Dinner. This is our crew who all have Anniversary's close to ours and we've been doing dinner together for a lot of years! We always look forward to this day!
A new tradition we started up this year and hope to keep up is corn hole Sundays!
We started having some friends over after church on Sundays for some games. Of course this year we have late church but hopefully we can keep it going. It's a great way to get together with friends and have some fun!
Addie was always such a big help entertaining little Bailey!
We tried not to have many dull moments.... whether it be outside
or inside! The kids always seemed to find something to do!!








No comments:
Post a Comment