We got home from Branson the day before Addison's 8th birthday! But it was just in time for her to wake up with balloons all over her bed!
Addie's favorite donut right now is a strawberry glazed, so it was a great birthday breakfast treat!
Austin was so sweet and gave Addie his own birthday gift! I love it when the kids make their own gifts for their siblings!
She also got her very own GoPro camera to have fun with!
For lunch, Randy and I took Addie to Chili's. She was so excited that she was eight and was going to be baptized, that she told our waiter all about it. This left us with a nice conversation about religion and beliefs and the guy was very impressed with Addie. Randy and I were so proud of her! It's hard to talk about religion but she was already being a missionary!
Addie was very excited to be baptized that evening. We did all we could to get her ready.
She was ready to follow Jesus' example and to be a member of his church. To take His name upon her and always remember Him.
We are so proud of you Addie, and your decision to be baptized!!
Addie was baptized with two of her very best friends, Ethan and Laynie Hansen. We were so excited to share this day with them. Like I said, we were gone up until the day before so the Hansen's helped get everything ready! I also knew Addie was a little nervous so seeing her friends get baptized with her would give her that extra boost of confidence. That's why having good friends is so important!
Addison with Grandma and Grandpa John
Addison with Nana
Tanner and Taylor with Addie
And also Mika, Sara and Sora came to support her.
This smile says it all! I know Addie felt so special and felt the love and approval of her Heavenly Father this day. When she got out of the water and into the changing room she burst into tears from the joy she felt. She is so tender-hearted and I love that about her!
One of Addison's keepsakes from her baptismal day.
Randy baptized Addie, Clint baptized Laynie and Nate who was now 16 was able to baptize Ethan. Avery and Mikah gave the talks, and Tami and I gave the prayers. Looks like Austin and Burk were the lucky ones who got to sit and ponder it all! Hahaha!! It was a special day with special people to share it with!
"I know when I am baptized, my wrongs are washed away. And I can be forgiven and improve myself each day. I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain. I want to be the best I can, and live with God again."











No comments:
Post a Comment