Randy and I were trying to figure out what we should do for our 15th wedding anniversary. We got married on August 6th which used to be in the middle of summer but every year it gets closer and closer to the first day of school! Addison was also born on August 9th so we always feel like we can't do anything too big or at least make sure we are home by her birthday! So for both of those reasons we decided we would celebrate by taking the family up to Branson for a final summer vacation.
It was such a great idea! This was one of our favorite vacations yet. We stayed in a newer part of Branson off the beaten path up in the Ozarks. Randy and I got up and walked every morning. Our first morning walk we were greeted by hot air balloons. These walks were crazy though because it was up and down hills the whole way. Swimming was another daily activity!
We would get home from our walk and go sit out on the balcony and eat breakfast. The kids got to sleep in everyday and then have some breakfast, get in their swimsuits and then head for the pool!
After swimming for a couple hours we'd go back for lunch and then Randy or I would take one of the kids clothes shopping for school at the outlet mall while the others relaxed back at our condo. And then we had evening events planned. We'd go out to dinner and then this evening we went miniature golfing.
There are so many miniature golf places to choose from, Pirates Cove has always been one of our favorites. This hole on a Pirate Ship is one of the best!
Randy and I love throwing out wages for the winner. It's usually a foot massage. Avery and Austin got in on the bet this year. Pretty sure Randy won, but it was close!
I don't think we had ever noticed this Long Ben Avery hole before! And it was number 13, which is how old she is! It was her lucky hole!
Austin was going to try a different way to "hit" his ball! Just kidding! We all had a blast!
Another evening we did the dinner "show" at ShoGuns! It's another "must" when going to Branson for us.
These guys are pretty funny when you listen to them talk. And the fire is pretty entertaining for the kids.
But the food is the best part! Ashton LOVES shrimp and fried rice. She's even trying to figure out the chopsticks!
We also went to our favorite show in town, The Duttons. We got there early for a parking spot and then walked the strip to a frozen custard shop.
We had to wait a while for our order to be ready, so what better way to pass the time then by taking some pictures!
Nothing makes me happier than my kids smiling...
and loving each other!!
I think that's what makes me the happiest about family vacations, the kids become closer and play with each other more!
We should probably address Austin's haircut! It was a big soccer year for the USA Men's Soccer team and all the guys were wearing their hair like this!
Then it was time for The Duttons!
I have lost count on how many times we have seen this show but I never stop laughing!
Julio, aka Benjamin, is hilarious!! Avery bought a "I LOVE JULIO" t-shirt like the one he is wearing and he signed it for her. She was so happy!
Another swimming picture just so the kids remember that we did this every day! A lot of the time we just packed a ton of snacks and stayed for hours. I also took a book and read some while they played. It was so relaxing!
We also did this almost nightly! And during the day! Usually Avery and I joined in on the tournaments. They had a fun welcome center at the place we stayed where we played games and rented games. We did some shuffleboard and other things as well.
Another night we went go-carting. We tried out a couple different courses at the same area which was fun!
Randy and Addie ready to beat everyone!
And a quick picture of Ashton and I before we took off! This course was one that twisted up a couple stories before heading back down.
We also went on another course that was a little smoother. I can't believe Austin is big enough to drive himself these days!
Ashton rode with Avery on the smoother course.
And then we found a course just for Ashton! She was so excited to get to ride in a go-cart all by herself! Look at that determination on her face! I think she has the hang of it!
Another little gem we found was out by our condo. It became another favorite treat! It was called the Yeti Shaved Ice Stand. So good!
The last night, Ashton and I shared the "Yeti" which was putting a scoop of ice cream down and then shaved ice on top. So AMAZING. I'm hooked!
I can't remember if I mentioned that we went swimming. Every. Day.
On our Anniversary we went down to Branson Landing which is a really nice shopping area and they have this fun water feature on the lake.
This picture sums up how I felt about this trip. It just seemed like everyone was content with everything we were doing and everyone had a great time. This trip really made me feel blessed for the family I have and the life that I've been given. It was a great choice to take the whole family with us!
I snuck this picture of Avery and Randy. I love how much my kids love their dad and how much he is there for them and how much he does for them. This truly brings me the most happiness!
Happy 15th Anniversary to the love of my entire life! You have given me every hope and dream I have ever wanted. You are my love, my laughter, my peace, my joy and my eternal best friend. Our bond has only strengthened with time and I look forward to each new day with you. I love you forever!
On our last day in Branson, we went ziplining. We had been eyeing a zipline down at Branson Landing. Randy gave the option to the kids, and they jumped all over it!
The Parakeet Pete Zipline took you up a hill over the river and then let you go!
I was so nervous at first but it was so much fun!!
I believe it was buy 2, get one free per person so we all got to go many times and with different people!
I'm not sure why I don't have a picture of Ashton sitting on the ride but I promise she went!
Addie even liked it, and she is the one most afraid of rides!
This is our "Kaylee Jensen" photo! Hahaha! We had a blast and the little girls got t-shirts!
That evening we went to our last Branson show, which we also highly recommend, called "SIX". It's six brothers who sing without any instruments. They are amazing and really funny as well! It was a great way to end our week AND our summer!


















No comments:
Post a Comment