When there's barely room for a carseat among all the Titleist boxes shoved into the minivan, we all know what time of year it is! Once again, Randy said this will be his last year in charge of the United Way Golf Tournament. And once again I say, "I'll believe it when I see it!"
The tournament goes on for four days, so each day I brought a different kid out to see and experience Randy's hard work, and to get some yummy Dinks BBQ for lunch! Day 1 was Addie's turn. You should have seen her face lit up when she heard her dad over the sound system as he began the raffle prize give away! That was one of many "proud daughter" moments I was so proud to witness. Randy started this tournament 11 years ago now.
After lunch, we went out to the shaved ice stand out on the course for some dessert!
Day 2 was Austin's turn! The weather is always the biggest challenge but once again, even the weather was a success! By the end of the tournament, around 900 golfer's will have played this course.
Ashley also came out with us on this day. We attempted the ride out to the shaved ice stand but the battery ran out on our golf cart! But no worries, we had two studs to our rescue!!
Randy throws an amazing tournament. If he didn't, he wouldn't have created a 4 day tournament that sells out in half a day! He knows you have to spend money to make money and his prizes are proof of that! Day 3 was Avery's special day...
But Randy loves having the kids come out as much as they love missing a little school and seeing him!
For the first time, I attended the reception they hold Thursday evening for all the venders. I'm just so amazed by the whole event and where it has come. So many people would come up to me and tell me how impressed they were with my husband. I even met the CIO of ConocoPhillips and especially enjoyed hearing how impressed he was with Randy. It made my heart so happy and I too am so proud of Randy and all his accomplishments. He puts his whole self into anything he does and he is such a great example to me and to our kids.
Friday was Ashton's turn to come out and support her dad!
Friday is a little more laid back so Ashton was able to ride around a little with Randy. This year they set another new record of raising just over $350,000 for our local United Way. The money all stays here and helps our town of Bartlesville.
Ashton also got another special treat! Bubba and Jenny came to town so Bubba could play in the tournament so Jenny and Sophia came for lunch!
This was our first time to meet Sophia Ann! She is so beautiful and we were so excited to finally meet her!
After school I brought Addie and Ashton back to help clean up and of course, grab yet another shaved ice! (And some chips! hahaha)
The next day we headed over to Grandma and Grandpa John's house so the other kids could finally meet Sophia as well! Avery and Sophia our birthday buddies! They now share the same birthday!
Austin and Sophia
Ashton entertaining Sophia once again
And Miss Addie loving on her little cousin!



No comments:
Post a Comment