Fall Break we went camping back out at Osage Hills. Normally we have a lot of families come out and stay but since there was so much going on, we got some who came out to visit us during the day. The Hansen's were one of those families. Here is Burk, Ethan and Laynie getting ready to go with Austin and Addie on a hike. Don't worry, they were only blocking the gate for a quick picture.
This year we camped a little differently. Randy borrowed a camping trailer from our friends the Malaby's so there was no sleeping in tents or blowing up air mattresses. So much better!!! I don't know if I can go back to tent camping again!
This was our first year venturing back out to the cliffs. (Randy and Tyler Vaclaw reminiscing the old days.)
At first I thought it was just a hike and we would tell the stories of back in the day when daddy and I used to come out here and I would watch dad and his friends jump and do flips off the cliffs. I maybe jumped a few times but most of the time I just "sun-bathed". (Avery and Addie enjoying the view of the murky waters.)
But they decided it was hot and they wanted to jump! Even Avery!! Here she is going off the cliffs with Laynie.
I was very impressed! Believe me, I'm not that brave!
Austin and Burk jumped a million times off the tall cliff. Austin striped down to his underwear and could care less about who was there!
I had to grab a picture with Randy as this spot brought back so many great memories of our childhood. Can't believe how much time has gone by.
Avery and MaryKate Vaclaw
And another cute one of Avery and Mikah Hansen
The best part of camping is Randy's amazing food!!
And being lazy. All. Day. Long.
Russ Vaclaw brought his guitar out which was a lot of fun. We had more visitors... Scott and Ashley Petty came out one afternoon and Blake and Nellie Jones came out one evening.
We even had a couple games of volleyball.
The true campers! Amanda, Emilie and I's families were the ones that actually roughed it the whole time.
There were also a few unwanted visitors....
and a few more wanted ones. The Bulleigh's came out with their friend Anzy and brought a hammock. Loved how they double bunked the hammocks! Here is Avery, MaryKate, Anzy and Hadley.
The boys took a turn on them as well! Here is Austin, Logan, Mack, Brandon and Lucas. :)
Emilie is always great about bringing crafts for the kids to do. I loved Avery's golden pumpkin!
And the girls loved having tent neighbors! Kevin and Kelly Murphy were camping right next to us! Here is Ashton, Emerson and Addie!
Sure sign they enjoyed camping! They slept all the way home!!


No comments:
Post a Comment