Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ashton's First Birthday!

 
Are you sure? I really can't believe my baby is one!!! First of all, she is so little that 9 month olds tower over her! But I also just can't believe that a whole year has gone by. The kids sang happy birthday to her all day long and they couldn't wait for her to tear into her birthday cake!
 
Ashton didn't disappoint! I had the cake in one hand and my camera in the other because she was ready to dig in! She was so cute with it though, for the longest time she would take little bits and share with her sisters and brother. But after a while she did this!
 
After she picked the cake up and dropped it back down, this little piece of icing got stuck on her nose! Soooo cute! It looks placed, but it was a complete fluke.
 
Ashton McKay John, what can I say! You are so adorable and we are so glad that you are in our family! You just cut your second bottom tooth, you aren't walking yet but you do stand up on everything and are a very fast crawler. You smile at everyone. You are strong-willed and know exactly what you want! And you will only sleep in your crib... which is most of the time a good thing! You adore your mom and dad, and I hope you always will! I love you Ashton, Happy Birthday!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Arkansas Vaclaw's said...

I can NOT believe it has been a whole year!!! I remember the first time i saw her at the Ahlert's house! They were having a party and at this moment I cant remember what for but she was only a couple of weeks old!! I don't even recognize her in these birthday pics!!! BTW... LOVE your hair!!!