Avery graduated from the small full fields to the medium size fields. It was a hard adjustment for the girls at first! They had less players and more field to cover so they really had to learn to spread out and use eachother so they weren't running around as much.
After Avery's first game we realized we were going to have to work on endurance. She and I started running together... or trying to! You could always tell the weeks when we didn't get our running in!
Avery continues to improve... she has a beautiful, solid shot! She's more of an offensive player and feels more comfortable up there than defending the goal. It will be nice when they actually start having positions, but I really enjoy watching her play! It's just a little more nerve-racking when she's in the goal!
The Flames had a great season... they play each opponent twice and I think they beat each team at least one time around. Go Flames!!

No comments:
Post a Comment