Friday, November 13, 2009

From Picture to Reality...

 

My father-in-law is an amazing woodworker. It's always been a hobby of his... if you can't find him in the house he's probably in the garage working on a project (or he's at the golf course- the life of a retiree!). In fact, my whole Christmas tree is loaded with beautiful ornaments that he made from his scrollsaw. I had to buy a seperate Christmas tree for my kids to decorate because I love my Christmas tree with just his ornaments! I've never asked him to make me anything even though there have been many times I've wanted to. I always felt bad asking for something for myself. I tried to talk Randy into either asking him to make me something or apprenticing with his dad so he could learn how to do what his dad does! I think it's an amazing talent. Well, I finally got the courage up when I saw a picture in a magazine. I love organization and I've always wanted something at the door for the kids to be able to sit and take their shoes, coats, hats, scarfs, etc. off or on. I didn't think it looked too difficult so I asked- and he agreed! This is it's first public showing... can you tell how proud I am!!! There are times that I just stand there and stare at it. Thanks, Papa John!! I LOVE IT!! It means so much more to me because it comes from you! I know it took a lot of time and effort and I really appreciate it- I love you very much.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Pam said...

Looks amazing! I love it!

Jenny said...

That is so pretty, you are so lucky! I love the picture of your family too you guys are so beautiful!

Springers said...

Wow! It turned out great. I love it.

Christiansen Clan said...

LOVE it!!!! That looks awesome!!!!

Anne said...

Yep. It's a VISION! Now you can NEVER move! It looks wonderful.

Micah and Alison said...

Wow, I am so impressed too..It really does look like its straight out of a magazine..Way to go! I have to agree with jenny too, YOUR FAMILY IS BEAUTIFUL, great family pic!

vaclaw family said...

It looks AMAZING!! I want one! I think he should teach a class for all our husbands!

vaclaw family said...

It looks AMAZING! I think he needs to teach my husband the art! I really love your black and white accents...good job, Shallan!