Halloween came up so fast! Luckily we had costumes from the older kids to pick from! Ashton was a little monkey... she looked so cute! That silly girl can down a sucker in the matter of minutes. She loves suckers and will hold on to that stick until there is nothing left to lick! That was her favorite part of Halloween!
Addie was a fairy last year, but she got a Tinkerbell costume for her birthday and wanted to be her this year. We practiced saying "trick or treat" and "thankyou" before heading over to the trunk or treat at our church. She did very good and couldn't wait to trick or treat again on Saturday. She asked me every day from Wednesday to Saturday if it was time to trick or treat again! It couldn't come soon enough!
What I noticed most about myself this year was how much more laid back I was. Normally I have to get the make-up and hair and costumes just right and start hours beforehand. But this year we just went with the flow! For instance, Austin wanted to be Batman for the trunk or treat... but when Halloween rolled around he changed his mind. We actually had a little melt down (he had gotten woken up from a nap and wasn't in the best of moods) and he ended up wearing a white shirt, jeans, a pirate eye-patch, sword and an eye-liner goatee. The most amazing part was I didn't even care!
Avery did some compromising too. She had a soccer game on Wednesday so she showed up at the trunk or treat as a soccer player. I have to thank my mom for helping me with the kids at the trunk or treat while Randy was at the soccer game with Avery. I also have to thank my sister for letting Avery borrow this cute Belle costume! Like I said, I was mellow this year and if it were up to me she would have been a soccer player for Halloween as well! But I'm glad she wasn't because she looks so cute! They all had a blast... passing out candy and getting WAY too much candy! Happy Halloween everyone!

6 comments:
I love your clothing choices in your new family photo at the top! GREAT eye! Those would look so adorable in a outdoor fall shot! LOVE, LOVE. Looks like your Halloween was super fun too. I love all the pictures too...but we didn't end up putting on any make-up Halloween either. LOVE it!
Your kids are so adorable!! Way to be relaxed, I'm learning that four requires alot of that. Your family picture looks really good too.
I agree with Anne, your family pictures turned out great!
You have such adorable kids!
Shallan, your family is beautiful! I found your blog through Sarah Shores'. I hope you're doing well!
Is that the picture Jessica took? It looks great! You're always so good about getting your kids to take cute pictures. And they actually pose for you! I'm lucky to get a shot with mine looking in the general direction. Cute costumes!
Post a Comment