Monday, May 31, 2010

Last day of school!

Addie's last day of school was a week earlier than Austin and Avery. As soon as she was done, she thought she should be riding the bus with the older kids so I had to explain to her that we have to have summer first before she gets to go to her new school! Addie loved going to school and I know it was because she LOVED her teacher, Ms. Jill. She was such a great teacher and I appreciated how much she truly cared about Addison individually. We are so sad because Ms. Jill is moving to Tulsa and Ashton won't be able to have her. Addie learned so much this year and she is so excited to start Pre-K next year!
Avery and Austin's last day of school was Friday, May 21st (also Tropical Day... hence the outfit!). Avery also had an amazing teacher and once again we are so sad because Mrs. Hindman is moving to Dallas so the rest of the kids won't be able to have her! We LOVE Mrs. Hindman! Avery had an amazing school year. She really excelled at spelling. I couldn't believe how quickly she could remember the spelling of some words. Math was a little bit harder but she pulled off all A's on her report card!
Austin also enjoyed his teacher, Mrs. Mims, although he is not as vocal about everything like the girls are! Luckily Mrs. Mims will not be moving like Addie and Avery's teachers! Austin does really good with reading but he super excels at math like his dad! I love watching his brain go to work as he tells me answers to certain math problems. I never once had to explain math to him, in fact he would do it all by himself and always tell me now easy it was. He definitely didn't take after me with that!
As I mentioned, the last day of school was Tropical Day and also the last assembly of the year. Randy, the little girls and I went to the assembly. It was a lot of fun as they sang lots of silly songs and handed out awards. Austin received the Citizenship Award. They choose one boy and one girl from each class who has shown superior attitude and listening skills. Way to go Austin!! So proud of you! Another great school year over... here comes summer!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: