Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Bruin Mile

This year, Austin and Avery both chose to run the Bruin Mile. I think this is a great activity to get the kids running both for their health and for soccer! However, I only found out about when the mile was going to be a week in advance this year, so not much training!I was glad that Austin chose to participate this year. This event is mainly for 4th and 5th graders, but Avery ran last year and Austin decided to give it a go this year. He did awesome! I was super surprised that he came in as early as he did. And even more surprised that he kicked into full sprint in the last stretch! Way to go Bud!Avery did awesome also! She was a little more nervous because last year she was one of the older kids in the group and this year she was racing with 5th graders. But I just kept telling her as long as she finished, that was all I cared about! But she did more than just finish, she raced great! It was fun to see so many of her soccer friends at the front of the race along with her. We told them all that they have the speed, now they just need to get the ball skills together and they will have the complete package! It was a great afternoon!



No comments: