Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween fun!

Wow! What a week. With Halloween falling on a Sunday, it sure made things tough around here. Our town wouldn't take a stand as to what day Halloween would be celebrated, so it turned out to be a Halloween weekend instead of a Halloween day. Our Halloween actually started on Thursday which was when our church held its trunk-or-treat. This was one of those special years that I didn't spend any money on Halloween costumes! Yay!! I was so proud of myself! We met up with a lot of our close friends at trunk-or-treat and I tried to get pictures of my kids with their friends. Here is Ashton, my lion, with her friend Jake.And here she is with another one of her friends, Sam. I had to convince Ashton for a month that lion's are cool and she would look super cute. She wanted so badly to be Addie's Tinkerbell. This lion costume has been around since Avery- it's one of my favorites! I was so glad that she finally agreed to be it!
Addie, as I mentioned earlier, wanted to be Tinkerbell again. That was fine with me! I'm hoping she will be like Austin who wore SpiderMan three years in a row. We have two years down now, we will have to see what next year will bring! Addie is here with her friend Lanie.
And here she is with some more of her friends, Evie and Ellie. They had so much fun going around to all the trunks, but the most fun was getting to go on the "Vac-mobile" bus and sliding down the slide at the end. They wanted to do that over and over!
Addie acknowledged Captain America, otherwise known as Lucas, but she wouldn't stand next to those muscles! He looked so cute and you could tell he was so excited to be in his costume!Austin also found his buds- Logan and Mack. We stayed pretty simple with Austin's costume, but I really liked it. He wanted to be a pirate and we already had the earring, eye patch, and bandana so I just threw on a t-shirt and jeans and a little facial hair and he was good to go!Avery had many ideas as to what she wanted to be this year. But one day when we were over my mom's house, my mom pulled out an old shirt that she actually used to wear but that had been in our costume box growing up. Avery was sold! She looked great as a hippie girl! Here she is with her sweet friend MaryKate. I like the blurred Addie in the background... she is off and running after some more cars with candy!It was a fun night, here are Ashton and Addie at the end after getting all their candy and eating their hotdogs. We went home and crashed!And then came Saturday night. A few neighborhoods declared Saturday as their official trick-or-treat day. So we headed over to our friends Tyler and Amanda's house for dinner and trick-or-treating. The kids were really into it, I could barely keep up with them. The night was perfect- not too hot, not too cold.Jake is such a great kid, he just sat in the stroller and enjoyed the ride!The older girls wanted to walk the neighborhood by themselves, so this is the only picture I got of them. Izzy was a hobo, and of course Avery and MaryKate (I still didn't get a picture with her mask off!) You can see Izzy holding her stick with the handkerchief attached here.... but it didn't take long for it to end up in....her mom's arms! Emilie is such a great sport!
Addie was one of the ones leading the pack! She has this thing down pat!Austin's bag doesn't look too heavy yet... but believe me, it got very full! We went through all their candy and used the ones they liked the least to pass out on Sunday. I know, we are terrible!Here is our sweet friend, Blythe! I loved her Jesse costume from Toy Story 2! She is so adorable.Sam hung back with us a little more so I got a couple of great snaps of him. Most of the kids were so far up I never caught up with them!
Ashton was definitely bringing up the rear of our group. She was slow, but she loved every minute of it. And she enjoyed going up to the door by herself, knocking,
and saying "thank you". Little moments that I will treasure forever! Happy Halloween everyone!

3 comments:

Camille said...

Looks like fun! Great job on the costumes, how nice that you did all that without spending money. Your kids are getting so big.

vaclaw family said...

Those pics are awesome, Shallan! I'm still wondering, did you convince Austin to go as Randy to church on Sunday? I think you need to draw him a beard and dress them alike as his "mini-me" if only for the pic! Hee-hee

Amber said...

The costumes were so cute, especially Ashton's! (And Jake's)!