Tuesday, October 12, 2010

National Walk-to-School Day!!

The kids were so excited to participate in the National Walk to School Day. I thought it was a great idea, so we hit the road! We had our sweet friend, Kate, this day so I borrowed a double stroller from one of my friends. Thanks, Amy! My kids would have been so sad if they didn't get to do this!
There was one problem area, a four-lane highway that we would have to cross. It was making us all nervous, but luckily there was a policeman sitting in the parking lot where we were wanting to cross. I went over to him to make sure it was okay to cross there (I didn't want to jaywalk right in front of him). He said, "sure, let me help you". Next thing we knew he was turning on his light and pulling out across all the lanes so we could pass! The kids thought that was so cool! It was a fun experience and none of them complained! Austin did say "let's not do this again." I laughed and told him we wouldn't do it again until next year!

No comments: