
This year Austin's grade (2nd grade) was in charge of the Martin Luther King assembly. They did a great job and sang lots of songs. We had been out of school two days that week but all the kids remembered their songs and to wear their Ranch Heights Wrangler t-shirts! Here is Austin with one of his close friends, Michael.

Ashton and I sat on the bleachers to watch, and Avery's class came and sat right by us! Avery was line leader so she was right on the side. Ashton went and sat with her to watch Austin perform. The kids don't start performing or coming to these assemblies until they are in 1st grade, so Addie wasn't here.

During the assemblies they hand out awards. Avery was given the citizenship award! One girl and one boy from each class is chosen from their classmates each 9 weeks. Austin received this award the first 9 weeks, however that was the week Randy and I were in Washington, D.C. so we missed it! I'm super proud of both of my kids for being great students and examples to everyone around them!
No comments:
Post a Comment