Monday, April 25, 2011

Oklahoma Land Run

The fourth graders at Ranch Heights Elementary always participate in a reenactment of the Oklahoma Land Run. Avery wasn't looking forward to getting dressed up until she was able to borrow a costume from one of her sweet friends, Julianna. Once she got this cute outfit, she couldn't wait for the day!! I know I have mentioned before that Avery is not a morning person, but this morning she woke me up at 6am to make sure I had plenty of time to do her hair. I guess she had a nightmare that she woke up late and I didn't have time to do her hair so she was not going to let that dream come true!
For the rest of the school, it was Wrangler day. Austin actually does have his own pair of boots but I have them in storage. He found a hat at grandma and grandpa's house though, and put on his Ranch Heights Wrangler t-shirt and felt cowboy enough!
Avery was the "mom" in her little family and they had to race to get some land in the playground before someone else took it. She told her "husband" that she would get the land and he could follow behind with the "kids" because he wasn't as fast as her. I thought that was so funny. They also got to make butter and buffalo skin (fake skin). She had a blast! Now Austin can't wait for his turn!
And of course my other little wrangler munchkins needed a little camera time!

2 comments:

Springers said...

Yee Haw!! Cute pics... glad they enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Aww, I remember those Land Run days at school! But I never had a cute cowgirl get-up like Avery's!! So adorable!! And I love that pic of Austin leaning against the fence - he looks like a regular ole cowboy!