Monday, April 11, 2011

Happy Birthday, Austin and Avery!!

Our very last party in our old house!! Our house was in complete disarray, but we wanted Austin to be able to have a little get together, so Friday night we had a few friends over. Luckily is was a group of boys and they can find plenty to do outside to entertain themselves!After playing, opening presents, and eating some cookie cake, we took the boys to go see Diary of a Whimpy Kid 2: Rodrick Rules. It just so happened that it was opening night so for us it worked out great as an alternative to a "party". Austin had a blast. This is his big year... turning 8 years old! We had this party on Friday because Saturday was going to be very busy with him getting baptized! Avery's birthday fell on a Thursday. This year was Avery's toughest year to realize that life doesn't stop just because it's your birthday! At first she didn't want to go to soccer practice, but in the end I think she was glad she went. Her soccer friends bought her these flowers and balloon. It made her feel very special.Avery chose to forego the birthday party and as an alternative, get bedroom furniture for her new bedroom she will be getting. She still had a great day. Ashton and I brought her lunch up to school and ate with her, and after soccer practice we went over to Cherry Berry for dessert! That weekend, Randy and I took Avery with her friend MaryKate and our friends Tyler and Amanda to Tulsa. Avery chose Outback Steakhouse, and after we shopped for some bedding. I can't believe she is now double-digits! The big 10! I was walking with her the other day and noticed that we are almost the same height! Obviously, I'm not tall- but still! She's growing up so fast!



No comments: