It all began this past April. We searched and searched, but couldn't find what we were looking for in a house. We wanted usable space, nothing formal, with four bedrooms and 3 1/2 baths. But we didn't have much time. Our house had sold and we needed to make a decision. So, we decided to build.
Randy's parents were so generous to let us stay with them during this process. At first, it was a lot of fun watching the house come together. When I would pick the kids up from school, we would always make a quick drive by before heading back to the John's house for the night.
The workers got used to us driving by. It was funny because when we would pull the camera out, they would start waving as Avery took pictures out the car window singing Lady Gaga's "Paparazzi".
We were always so amazed by how much things had changed by the end of the day, it seemed to be moving so fast...at first. :)
We were told between 4-6 months. Trying to be optimistic, we of course we shooting for the 4 month mark.
And then came summer... our long, hot summer! Summer started earlier than usual as far as the heat goes. And with the kids now home all day long, I started feeling more in the way. Since Shirley watches Julie's kids also, the big house started to not feel so big anymore! We tried to stay busy with camps, lessons, tournaments, house sitting for friends and a trip to Tennessee. Ed and Shirley also went on a couple of trips themselves... I'm sure it wasn't easy for them to adjust to so many people around all the time! They've really been troopers through it all and we are so grateful for all they have done for us.
Another milestone, the ground was leveled out and ready for the brick and driveway. How do you like the two-toned siding? I was so embarrassed about that! I guess they had some left over siding they wanted to use up, but I was so afraid of what the neighbors were thinking! In fact, any time I met a neighbor I always started with an apology and let them know it would be painted at some point!
Up goes the brick! It was easier at this point to go by once a week instead of every day so we could really notice the progress. The triple-digit heat kept the guys from being able to work full days. Oklahoma summers are always hot, however this year was record breaking! But slowly and surely, the house moved forward.
There were a couple of things that we were glad to see go. One of course was the two-toned siding. Another was the port-a-potty. Randy's old boss that lives down the street asked him if we were going to have indoor plumbing! So embarrassing! And the last thing was the work truck. That truck never left the driveway!
I knew once the truck left that it was finally complete! We did our final walk-through this Tuesday.
Here are a few more up close pictures of the outside. This is our back porch.

The entrance to our new home.

A closer look at our landscaping.

And my outdoor lights that I picked out. Our closing day is September 21st, so it took about 5 months which is not bad at all. We are so excited to start making memories in our new home!
8 comments:
I can't wait to see pics of the inside too! It looks very nice! You must be soooo excited!
Wow - can't wait to see the inside! Looks great!
So excited for you guys... can't wait to see the inside! We'll definitely have to make a trip over when we are in Bartlesville in October!
Thats AWESOME! Congratulations to your family!
It's gorgeous Shallan, congrats! Can't wait to see inside. I'm sure you will have it all cute and decorated in no time. You are so funny about the siding... apologizing to the neighbors! lol. So glad you guys get to move in soon, I bet you are counting hours now!
It's beautiful. I can't wait to see pictures of the inside too! I bet you are so excited to finally be home!
I love it! It's beautiful. I love the front door and light fixtures. I'm so happy for you guys.
Looks great. So glad you are in!
Post a Comment