On one hand, it feels weird to have a teenager. I mean, I'm not old enough to have a daughter who is taller than me and looks the same age as me right?!? Just kidding! I've actually felt for the longest time that I already had a teenager. And I mean that in a good way! Avery has just always looked older and acted more mature than girls her age, at least to me. Avery's absolute favorite place to eat is McAlister's, so I took her out of school and we headed over there for a nice birthday lunch.
Jill Keeler is like a second mom to Avery. She's always been so sweet to include her in so much that they are doing. Their family goes traveling around to find roller skating rinks and that's where Avery's love for roller skating came from. We decided to have a little surprise party for Avery. Jill took Avery, Jayden and Jessie (her daughters) up to the roller skating rink. Once they were gone we had Avery's soccer friends meet at our house and we drove them up to Coffeyville, KS where they were roller skating. Luckily Justin Keeler was still home because it took all three of us (Randy, Justin and I) driving our vehicles to get everyone up there!
The girls went running in and started singing Happy Birthday. Avery and Jayden were out skating and as soon as they saw the girls, they came racing over for a big group hug. Avery was so surprised! She started crying. I mean, look at the turn out!! Everyone loves Avery, she's such a good hearted and fun spirited girl! Most of these girls are in a grade above Avery so there are times when she feels like she just doesn't quite fit in at school. Even at church, her friends are either a grade above or a grade below. But I just hope she always knows how much she is loved by so many people!
And now, on to the skating! We don't have a roller skate rink in town, so this isn't something we do very often!
There were a lot of lessons being taught! Avery is helping Megan Kirchner.
And some of the girls picked it up pretty quickly! Here is Emalee Hough, Alex Dickson, and Jayden Klose.
Austin is holding on to his best friend, the wall! He did a little better this time around! Randy was out skating fast and even doing the shuffle! I'm telling you, he's good at everything!
I was always holding someone's hand, mostly Ashton! Austin and I skated some couples skates together.
The littles taking a break: Addie, Jessie and Ashton.
Luckily there was also a game room so the girls took a couple of breaks to play in there.
But Ashton really wanted to learn how to skate on her own! The Keelers are really good at skating, they did a great job teaching her! Here is Jessie, Justin and Jill.
Kennedy was deathly afraid of putting skates on. She mainly watched from the side. Cassie is keeping her company. We did get Kennedy to put skates on her feet, and she even stood up, but that was as far as she went! What made me so happy is that even though she knew she was heading to a skating rink, she still came to be there for Avery and her birthday! That meant a lot to me!
Avery is such a special girl and I hope she felt the love of her family and friends today! I'm so grateful for all she does at home to help me. And even though she is one of the younger kids on her soccer team she is still a captain, and that is because she is a leader and we are so proud of her for that. She is a great example to everyone around her and we love her so much!! Happy Birthday, sweet girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment