Saturday, March 15, 2014

Shamrock the Ville 5K

So, after running my first 5K I thought I would be done with that type of running.  I just would rather not run around groups of people.  However when Randy mentioned running in Shamrock the Ville, I decided to go for it.

My family is so in to their Irish roots, especially my grandmother.  And as her birthday is coming up at the end of this month and with this race being all about shamrocks and Irish I knew I would make my grandma proud running in it.  I miss her a lot.

While we were out running, they did the fun run for the kids so I wasn't able to see it.  Luckily my mom was there to help with the girls and so was Sara and Sora.  I heard they did great! :)  Avery and Austin were both gone either at sleepovers or soccer!  Yes, I'm still catching up on my blog!

 Sara was competing in the couch race which was going on after the 5K.  Isn't she so festive?!?

 We made it through!  I was seriously so exhausted when it was over but I was proud of myself and didn't walk... always my goal!

 It was getting pretty cold and I was ready to go but Randy wanted to stick around and listen for the bracket placements.  I was completely shocked when they called out his name in his age group!  He got third place!  This was a much bigger race and I knew I hadn't placed, but I had no idea he might!  So very proud of him!!  

No comments: