Friday, April 4, 2014

Spring Events


I thought I'd just talk about a few things that happened this spring in one big post!  Yes, sadly still catching up but almost there!  We've had a busy spring but have enjoyed many memorable moments.  Randy and I attended a Mardi Gras event that supported one of our friends nonprofit businesses in town, Mary Martha Outreach which was started by Susan Murphy.  We were happy to be there with Kevin and Kelly Murphy and help support this organization.  It was really dark in the Community Center so the flash was blinding... hence the "I wear my sunglasses at night" pose by Randy!  hahaha!

I found my sister too!  Her mask was so adorable and we handled the flash of the camera like pros!  

Addie will be turning 8 this year and we attended a "Great to be 8" fireside where she received a lot of instruction, a new white towel with her name on it and some cool cookies!

 We also enjoyed a special moment with my mom remembering our wonderful Grandmother.

 Ashton has such a fun personality.  On April Fools day, riding home on the bus, she asked Austin if he would like her to make him some brownies when they got home.  Well, of course!!!  She ran to her room, and came back out with a paper full of brown e's!!  APRIL FOOLS!!  She got him good!

 Austin has always been really good at drawing so I wasn't surprised when he told me some of his artwork would be on display at the mall.  It was fun going over there and finding his work among other students from all the elementary schools in town.  Great job buddy!!

 We love attending all the Bruin basketball games possible!  Ashton loves that we get to sit with one of her close friends, Kate Hubbard.  I used to watch Kate when she was a baby and Megan was still working.  I'm wondering if some of the John genes rubbed off on her!  hahaha!  I call these two my twins!  Kate is actually a year younger but they look so much alike!

Ashton and I attended Avery's induction into NJHS, National Junior Honor Society.  

 Here are all the inductees from her grade.

 We are so proud of her and the hard work and effort she has put in to her schooling.  She knows how important her grades are and I love how responsible focused she is!  Keep it up, sweet girl!  We are so proud of you!!

 Randy would have been there but he was down in Houston for a business trip.  Work all day, play all night!!  Randy's parents happened to be down there as well, and Randy got some really great seats to the Houston Astros game.  This picture of Randy, Ed and Robert was actually taken from the television.  They were on ESPN that night.

Ashton was able to help out with Senior Night again this year.  But this year was extra special because my cousin Mariah is a senior this year, so she got to walk with Mariah.  Kaitlin also plays on the soccer team.  Mariah scored 3 goals this game!  I was so happy to be there this night and see both of them play, they are amazing!

 Garrett Hartzfeld is also a senior this night.  Ashton has walked with Garrett through many of these nights but this night they had him lined up with someone else.  He still wanted a picture with Ashton and also bought her a little gift.  He's such a sweetheart.  He will be serving his mission as soon as school gets over and we are so proud of him and the example he is to our children.

 Ashton's Kindergarten performance was so great!  They sang lots of patriotic songs, of course my favorite was Oklahoma!  

 Ashton also had an Authors Night which was so fun.  We began in the auditorium and then they took the students out while we listened to the principle and then we were able to go find our "authors" and read their books and see their biography on themselves.  I teared up when I saw her book called My Mom and Me.  Such a fun night!

 And then of course there was the highly anticipated track meet!

 Here is Austin with some of his buddies.  Ranch Heights did great against the other schools.

 Randy and I were just excited that this year Austin competed and the 400 yard dash and the 200 yard relay!  Much better than the team walk and softball throw from last year!  hahaha!  We love this kid and I love how his confidence is growing!

 Last choir performance of the year!  The Spring Concert is always my favorite because it's not so formal and the songs are a little more upbeat.  This year was all things Disney!  The girls had a hard time not singing along!


No comments: