This is probably our last year to have all four kids play soccer. Ashton enjoyed a season off and has come back to play on the Sounders again.
I think she enjoyed it, but she said she doesn't want to play anymore. She got the ball a few times but her aggressiveness in the game has slowed down. She scored a few goals but the older they get in co-ed the more aggressive the boys get and for her it didn't make her try harder.
I loved watching her play, and she had a couple friends on the team. I think she's wondering why Thomas is sitting on the ball! And Sam is getting a kick out of it too! When Avery was this age, I always pushed her to be more aggressive. But now that I have the more aggressive older kids, its fun to watch this age and see that they are still just having fun! Isn't it funny how our perspectives change with time.
Addie took a season off too, but said she would play if I would come to all her practices and STAY!!
Addie is naturally good at soccer and I love watching her play, but she's so nervous about us leaving her, and I'm not sure where this has come from. We've never left her anywhere!
I really wish she enjoyed soccer because she is really good at it. However, she also has voiced her opinion as to not playing so we will be taking some time off. Hopefully we can find a sport that she enjoys because she is very athletic. Don't you love the tongue hanging out? Reminds me of her brother!
Austin is at the age where competitive soccer has began and since soccer wasn't at the top of his favorite sports, we chose not to go competitive.
He played on a recreational team this season and really enjoyed it. I was surprised at how well he did after taking a season off.
He even scored a few goals! But practice started overlapping with baseball so we missed a lot of practices toward the end of the season. We decided to take a break after this because we want him to be able to be committed and dependable which is hard when the sports are overlapping so bad.
Avery has been our one true soccer player.
She is still playing up a level and still playing competitive. She is the captain of her team and shows it on and off the field. So proud of her and her accomplishments!
She has a great coach and enjoys the game so much! Won't be long til she will be playing for the high school team. Oh how time flies!


No comments:
Post a Comment