Friday, May 2, 2014

Go Rams Glow 5K

 No, I'm not turning into a runner.  I do wish I enjoyed it more, but again there was a reason Randy got me to run in this 5K.

 Top reason was because his sister Julie was one of the main people in charge of putting it on!  And the one that pushed me over the edge... this one wasn't being timed!  It's so much pressure!  

 I think that's why Avery chose to run it too!  She doesn't like the pressure of everyone knowing how fast... or slow we are running.  She also ran with one of her friends, Jaydn.  Randy kept teasing Tanner that he was going to beat him.  Of course Tanner killed us all!  He's a great runner with lots of energy.  

Here are the fans!  We bought glow paint so the kids could feel like they were part of the action.  The race was actually over before it turned dusk so even though we had glow in the dark shirts, you couldn't tell until later in the evening.

And our other biggest fans: Addie, Taylor and Ashton.  Actually, after the race was over I kind of wanted to know what my time was.  I came in pretty fast and strong, I don't know how!  Randy still left me in the dust but I didn't mind.  This course had a lot of hills and I was just happy I never walked.  It was a great evening and I think Hoover Elementary raised a lot of money for their school!

No comments: