Saturday, May 10, 2014

First Train Ride

 My mom surprised us with tickets on a train ride that was going through Bartlesville.

 This was the kids' first time to actually ride a real train, and I was so excited for them!  Naturally, I picked out their outfits for today!  hahaha!  Avery was a good sport! :)  She's kind of over the matching stage so I appreciate her obliging me on this day.  It was probably because tomorrow is Mothers Day!

 We got there a little early so I could take pictures of the kids.  Here's Avery...

and here is Austin.  I'm a sucker for pictures by a train or train track!

 And here is Addie...

and Ashton, standing on very safe tracks.  I promise, these trains they are taking pictures by are stationary and never move!

But they are fun to get inside of!  

 We met up with their cousins Mika and Sora along with my sister and Nana at the Bartlesville Depot.  

 Here's a cute one of Nana with the grandchildren.  Such a great idea, Nana!  So glad you thought of it!

 And then we got on the real train!

 The conductors even came around and punched our tickets!  It reminded the kids of the Polar Express!

 Here's Sara with Austin and Sora.  The train didn't go very far.  It stayed on the west side of Bartlesville which isn't very attractive either but it was fun and memorable.  And the best part was who we were with!

 I absolutely adore these sweet photo shots of Ashton with my mom sharing some fun stories and scenes on the train.  It made my day!

 Afterwards we went over to my moms to celebrate Mothers Day with her.  I'm so grateful for my mom and all she has taught me.  Especially about family and faith, the two most important things in this world.  I love you mom!  Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: