Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Debuting Baby Brooklyn!

We couldn't wait to get up to Iowa and see our newest niece, Brooklyn Marie Powell.  Brooklyn was born on June 8th to my brother Jordan and his wife Jen.  We gave them a few days to get home and get settled and then I took the younger girls and my mom up to visit.  Avery and Austin were busy with summer activities but I couldn't wait any longer to see this sweet baby!

I had found this outfit a while back at our local Sunfest Festival and HAD to have it!  I couldn't wait to get it on her!  She's so adorable!  Jordan works for John Deere in their accounting department, hence the outfit.  Jen's grandma also made this John Deere quilt for Brooklyn.  They have lived all over... Atlanta, Kansas, North Carolina!  They currently reside in Ottumwa, IA which is a little over 7 hours away so the drive wasn't too bad.  And Iowa is a very pretty state... at least the part I drove through!

Addie was promised that she would be the first to hold Brooklyn if she was good!  Looks like she kept her end of the bargain!  Addie LOVES babies and she is so soft and tender with them.  

Ashton has been the youngest grandchild on our side of the family... until now!!  Everyone is so excited to finally have another baby around to hold and love!

These girls wanted to help with everything!!  They loved helping Jen change diapers...

and give baths!!  Jen was very patient with all the extra help!  I'm so happy for her and Jordan!!  Brooklyn is one lucky girl to have such amazing parents!!

Every once in a while my girls would allow me a second to hold my sweet niece!  Hahaha!  Actually I offered to watch B for a night so Jen could sleep.  I quickly remembered the broken sleep of a new parent, and happy that I'm out of that stage!  But she is absolutely beautiful and we fell in love with her immediately!  Welcome to our family, Brooklyn!  We love you so much!!


No comments: