Saturday, July 5, 2014

Fourth of July


We love the Fourth of July!  Such a special time of year and such a great opportunity to think about this promise land we were blessed to be born in!  And we were extra excited this year because Uncle Jordan, Auntie Jen and Brooklyn were coming down!

I love my brother!  He always comes up with fun things to do with my kids and I really appreciate that! Here he is teaching them how to really play croquet.

I couldn't wait to hold my Baby B again and give her kisses!  Look!  She's even trying to kiss me back! 

Austin and Avery were finally seeing her for the first time!  There was a lot of loving going on!

Avery's turn with Brooklyn!  Believe me, there was always a line!  And the kids were always going around trying to figure out who was last in line so they could say they were after that person!

It was hard for us adults to get in line, but every once in a while we got lucky!  I love seeing Randy hold babies... it reminds me of years gone by!

One morning Jordan and Austin came out almost wearing the same outfit so I had to grab a picture of my twins!  I just love these boys!

And I love seeing Jordan as a dad!  He's so good at it and Brooklyn is a very lucky girl!

Austin is going to be a great dad someday too!  He loves babies and is so gentle with them.  I love the way she is looking at him!  This boy is definitely used to girls!

But he still loves guy things... especially fire, and fireworks!  

As much as I hate spending money on fireworks, Randy loves it!  And its a good thing!  The kids love lighting some off and watching them.  Randy and Ashton are watching from a good distance in the garage!  We've been starting our evenings with a cookout with neighbors and friends and some fireworks that don't need the dark.  And then we head out to the Vaclaw Farm for the real deal!

Nana was so sweet to stay home with Brooklyn so we could take Jordan and Jen with us to the firework show!

One last picture of the kids before we left!

And then one of our sweet family out at the Vaclaw Farm!  Happy Fourth of July everyone!!

So glad Jordan and Jen made it down for the Fourth!

Here's one of Jen and I.

And here is one of Ashley Petty and I!  We've gotten so much closer with the Petty's over the summer and are so glad they moved to Bartlesville!

Avery loves Ashley too!  She told me she wished Ashley was her big sister... which was sweet, but also made me feel very old!  Hahaha!!

The kids loved watching the firework show to music.  The Vaclaw fireworks never disappoint!  Here are Addie, Austin and Ashton with Ethan, Burk and Laynie Hansen.  And then Evie Vaclaw, who didn't turn around for the picture!  Haha!

After the Vaclaw show we went back home to light off some more fireworks!  My cute spectators, Jordan and Avery!

We have really loved living close to the Hansens!  Their family has been such a big blessing to us!  There are times when I feel our house is getting just a little small (I know, I know, I can't ever stay in a house too long) but I would never move as long as they lived close by!  We love Clint and Tami!

And we love their kids too!!  They have all been so great to our kids!  Burk has been a great "older brother" to Austin!

Jordan wanted to go over and decorate Grandma's gravesite while he was in town.  My grandma loved holidays and she loved our country so the Fourth of July was one of her favorites.  

I choose to not be sad when we continue celebrating holidays without her.  Instead, I think of her and feel her even closer on these special occasions.

No comments: