Monday, July 14, 2014

Picture Day!

Randy was asked up at work to bring his family to a photo shoot for a ConocoPhillips brochure they were getting ready to put out.  They also asked us to bring a dog!  We took Buddy from Sara who by now had our old dog Bailey and took on this rescue dog Buddy!  She found a good home for Bailey as they just weren't home often enough and the dogs kept running away but still had Buddy.

I really wasn't sure what I was getting myself in to or what our pictures were being taken for but I was flattered that they wanted to use our family!  The only problem was that Avery was out at girls camp and I couldn't decide if I should drive out there and get her for this or not!

In the end I let her make up her mind and she decided to stay out at camp.  Buddy was also a flop.  He kept barking and trying to chase after squirrels!  So this is the last picture you will see him in.

They had a quite a few different families and photo shoots in different places around town and in Houston.

In the end they didn't use our pictures for the brochure, but we have some fun pictures from it!

And the kids had fun playing at the park!

The only thing I regret is if I knew they would be giving me a copy of the pictures, I would have gone and picked up Avery!  She is very much missed in all the family shots!

The day was hot and we were glad to be done but I'm grateful they gave me a copy to keep forever!

We treated ourselves to some evening golf afterwards.  It turned out to be a great day!  We also ended up keeping Buddy as Sara couldn't find a home for him.  Well, at least we tried for a couple of months.  We just really aren't made to have pets!  I should specify Randy and I aren't made to have pets... the kids would disagree entirely!

No comments: