We were so excited to go to Nashville this year! We had missed the last two Thanksgivings in Nashville and that was long enough! The first 40 minutes started out great. Then we stopped at McDonalds and Austin dropped syrup all over himself! We stripped him down to his underwear and put him back in the car. Not long later, Ashton threw up ALL over the place! This was the first time we knew we had a girl who gets carsick. We were only 3 hours into our 10+ hour road trip and Randy wanted to turn around. Luckily I found the OU game on my phone for him to watch!
Ashton threw up two more times along the way. This was one of our "airing out the car" stops, and luckily the kids still have smiles on their faces!
One of our detours to clean the car up took us into an Amish community! It was our first experience ever seeing Amish in person. I felt like we had stepped back in time, it was super cool. Even the bank in town had rails up for the horse and wagons to tie up to!
Somehow, we made it!! Everyone was at church but Jordan, Jen and Brooklyn had come home early. It took some "hands-on" recognition, but she warmed up to everyone very quickly!!
There was always a line to hold baby B! (Ashton and Brooklyn)
No shortage of attention for this little girl! (Addison and Brooklyn)
The next day we went out with some of our nieces to lunch and met up with the others at the mall. (Avery, me, Karrington and Kinley Jensen).
We also searched out this little store that has become very popular because of its murals around town. Of course we all had to get a shirt because we all BELIEVE IN NASHVILLE! (Kaylee Jensen and I)
Karrington, I "mustache" you a question...
These are the kind of sculptures you get on the "artsy" side of Nashville! (Randy and Karrington)
So we found the mural! Actually there are more than one, but we found one! We were all taking jumping pictures, but I guess Randy didn't get the memo this first time. Hahaha!! I love how he's looking at me like I'm crazy!
Now he's got it!! Hahah!! We believe in Nashville!!
Our home away from home!! (Avery, Randy and I)
It was time to get the kids out of the house and give them something to do! I have to admit that I wasn't super excited from the previews to watch Big Hero 6. I didn't really understand what it was about. But it quickly became a favorite of mine! LOVE this movie! And it was also Brooklyn's first movie! She did great! Slept through almost the whole thing! (Austin, Jen, Brooklyn, Addie, Kimball, Ashton and Avery)
Randy and I have fallen in love with a sushi restaurant back home called Sushi One. We were a little nervous trying it at a new restaurant but it turned out really good! Props to the chef! Jordan and Jen braved the new experience with us and also enjoyed it!
The best part of Nashville of course is the family! We were so happy to have Kaylee back from her mission to Brazil. We missed her so much but are so proud of her and her amazing example!
Ashton also got some sweet loves from Uncle Todd
And Kyson got some love from Uncle Randy!
We also enjoyed some fun family activities like laser tag,
Sky High Trampoline park,
and the gun range! Uncle Todd helped teach Austin how to aim the rifle.
Look at all of those "hot shots"! (Austin, Joseph, Kaylee, Uncle Ed, and Kyson)
We also took the time, with Kaylee home from her mission, to take some family photos.
Kaylee and Uncle Randy
My beautiful sister Amy and I.
The grandkids always look forward to Nana's projects! She found the cutest food project this year! (Kimball, Ashton, Avery, Nana, Karrington, Addie and Kinley)
They made reindeer and snowmen out of chocolate and powdered donuts! Here's Addie showing off her creation.
And here's a look at Ashton's masterpiece!
It wouldn't be a Nashville Thanksgiving without a campfire cookout! My brother Jordan and I getting ready to head out to cook some hotdogs and s'mores.
And one with our lovely mom!
Nana and Ashton trying to stay warm by the fire!
This was our last night here so lots of pictures were being taken! Avery, Jen and Addison.
Jen and I
Karrington, Lindsay, Jen and I
Joseph, Randy, Jordan and Kyson
Chicken fight, or cat fight! Not sure which one! Jordan and Addison vs Joe and Kimball!
One of all the "Edward's" in the family. Uncle Ed actually goes by Ed, but it is all of their middle names!
And to not be left out, here's one of Joe and Todd... Bennett/Burnett, close enough!
Last loves before we go from Auntie Mamie! This year was full of ups and downs. We actually teased about making a t-shirt that says "I survived Thanksgiving 2014". But no matter what, family is what defines us and who loves us the most and will always be there for you when you need it the most. I adore my family and all the craziness that goes with it. I know the family is central to our Heavenly Fathers plan and because of that knowledge, it is my most prized possession and I try to take it very seriously and hold it at a priceless value. As it says in the primary song, "God gave us families, to help us become what He wants us to be. This is how He shares His love, for the family is of God."
The drive home was much less eventful, thank goodness!!! This little guy saved the day, and will be traveling with us from now on!!
No comments:
Post a Comment