We took swimming lessons this summer for 4 weeks... and I forgot my camera every day!! So I decided to post pictures of us swimming and talk about swimming lessons! The first 2 weeks we just put Austin and Addie into swimming lessons. Austin has been a Lionfish for I don't know how long! It's been forever! The poor boy cannot float!! Randy was getting so frustated because Austin is a great swimmer and Randy never could float either. The first session Austin did not pass Lionfish... once again. I decided to try one more time and this time he FINALLY floated on his back long enough to pass! He was so excited... he is now a Dolphin!
I wasn't sure if they would let Addie take swimming lessons or not. You are supposed to be 3 (which Addie will turn this summer), but they let her in! I was so happy... and I never had any problems with her going to class. She loved it! They stood on platforms in the middle of the pool and sang songs. Her only problem now is that she always wants her feet on the ground. When we take her swimming she hangs out on the stairs and sings her songs. Her favorite is "the kids on the bus go up and down" and she will go under the water when she says "down". At least she will go under on her own! She will still be a Starfish next year, but I was very proud of her!
After the first two weeks, we began to feel bad for Avery. She was getting bored just watching Austin and Addie, so we signed her up for Sharks. She really enjoyed it and it gave her great exercise. She has been a Shark for a long time but needed to work on her endurance... and I could really tell a difference in her this year. She was by far the smallest in her class but would lap some of the other swimmers. Avery passed Sharks and is now a Tiger Shark, which is the highest you can go.
So I could watch each of the kids, I signed them up at different intervals which meant the first two weeks we were there for an hour and the last 2 weeks we were there for 1 1/2 hrs. I liked it because it took up our whole morning, but I didn't like it because it ran into Ashton's nap time. She did really good though. The first week she just sat on my lap the whole time! But after that she became familiar with the place and started roaming off a little bit more. I took a huge bag every day with lots of food and toys to keep the kids happy and I think they all did great. Avery was my big helper with both Ashton and Addie. She would walk Ashton around everywhere and she would always take Addie down to her class. And Austin is great with Addie- she's his shadow and he doesn't mind. We had a lot of fun with swimming lessons this summer!

No comments:
Post a Comment