Sunday, July 5, 2009
Happy 4th of July!
I was so looking forward to the 4th! I think this is one of my favorite holidays. I came from a very patriotic family and am very proud to have been born in the USA. We spent Friday evening with my mom, grandma, uncle and aunt and cousins. It was a lot of fun and my mom made some great strawberry shortcake- yum! Saturday night we had plans to spend the evening with our friends, the Springers, and grill out then head out to the big firework show at the Vaclaws farm which we anticipate every year. Well, fourth of July morning I woke up with a sore throat and pounding headache that lasted all day and night. I was really nervous because I was supposed to give the lesson that Sunday. I ended up staying home all night... so these are all the pictures I got of the kids! They had a great day swimming with the Murphy's and went out to the firework show with my mom (Randy was already out there, he helps light the fireworks so of course this is one of his favorite holidays as well!!). I kept Addie and Ashton home with me. Addie is so funny, she puts on a tough front but she is terrified of the fireworks! We watched them on TV instead- and that was even a little frightening at first for her. The kids took glowsticks out to the farm and left one at home so I gave that to Addison and she wouldn't even hold it because she thought it was a firework! Hopefully I won't be sick next year and she won't be afraid so we can have a better fourth of July! I made it to church to do my lesson but came home and crashed afterwards! I'm thinking its a summer cold, and I will be back on my feet soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Oh man! Sorry to hear you were sick! That is the worst. Hope you are feeling better now. We had a low key 4th of July as well. We just got back from Utah and Las Vegas late friday night and so, we just stayed right here in El Dorado and watched the fireworks. They were nothing like the Vaclaws, but just what the doctor ordered.
Post a Comment