Saturday, August 22, 2009

Back to School!

 
I'm still trying to play "catch-up" on my blog! The kids started back to school on August 12th. It actually came pretty fast this year. Last year I remember thinking it was a long summer, but this year was harder to let the kids go. Austin started first grade and is now at the same school as Avery which makes life for me a lot easier! He is really enjoying his teacher, Ms. Mims and his class. Even though it's his first year, he already has a lot of friends both from his old school and neighbor kids. He adjusted very well!
 
Avery was, as always, excited for school to start. She got the teacher she wanted, Mrs. Hindman, and most of her friends are once again in her class. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not... but for Avery it is a very good thing! I can't believe she is in 3rd grade.
 
Avery has enjoyed helping Austin get used to her school. The first day she saw him out at recess and she ran up to him to give him a hug and he kindof shrugged away. I asked Austin why and he said he was playing and all of a sudden a big kid came running over to him and he didn't know what to do! I laughed!! He told Avery the next day if she saw him he wouldn't be scared this time!
 
Addie's first day at "school" was the next week. She just goes to a mommy's day out once a week but she calls it school. She LOVES it, and loves her teacher Ms. Jill. She had a hard time with the older kids going back to school but she stays busy now with gymnastics, "school", story time and music makers. Yup, she is doing gymnastics now... that will be another blog!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anne said...

Cute, cute. Love seeing the kidos on the first day of school. Hope they have a great year!