Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Fall Soccer '10

Well, another season of soccer has come to an end. As always, we enjoyed watching the kids play. Avery was back on the Queen Bees team. I have to be honest, I wasn't sure about how their team would work together. We barely had practice, so I would take Avery out to run on our own. But surprisingly, they never lost a game!They didn't have enough under 10 and under 9 teams, so they put them together. That was half of the reason they never lost because 3 of the teams were so much younger. However, when they played girls their age Avery really did great! They tied some of those games, but it is so exciting to watch Avery get that determination in her eye! She has now started indoor soccer so I'm sure I will be posting those games soon!And speaking of determination in the eye... Austin had a great season too! We were so excited because the league allowed one of his best friends, Mack, to play up. They always have trouble finding coaches so Russ said he would coach if Mack got to play with the under 8 team. Randy and Russ did a great job coaching the Storm and I could tell that Austin really got better this year.Austin has more of the defensive mindset. He will do anything to keep the other team from scoring or even taking a shot. But when they are on offense, he is looking for that perfect pass to give his teammates so they can get a good shot. Needless to say, he doesn't score much but he plays hard to the end!

No comments: