Randy had a conference down in Orlando that he was going on and with a few phone calls to some grandparents, I managed to sneak along for a little get away! It had been a while since I had seen my brother Joe and his wife Lindsay, plus the weekend after his conference was the start of Spring Training for the MLB. This was something Randy and I were dying to be a part of! So Joe and Lindsay came over from Tampa to meet us and go watch the Atlanta Braves. Our first stop was Downtown Disney... top on our list of priorities was finding something for the kids of course!
After that we headed on over to where the Braves play their games. The ESPN Wide World of Sports Stadium. Spring Training is awesome because it's more laid back, they play at smaller stadiums so you get the small town atmosphere.
The next day Randy and I traveled to the Houston Astros Spring Training stadium. They were playing... you guessed it... our Atlanta Braves! Our seats were just a couple rows up from where Randy is standing right here. It was so exciting!
After the game we kept on driving over to Tampa to met up with Joe and Lindsay. It was fun to see where they lived and worked and went to school. Tampa is very different from Orlando... more of a town and less touristy! We went out to dinner and stayed the night at their house.
The next day we headed over to the Yankees Spring Training Stadium. Now that was a nice stadium... not as much of the "small town" feeling though. But they were playing the Braves and it was fun to see all the different stadiums. Three days, three different cities and stadiums, three baseball games! We'll check it off our bucket list... but I doubt if this will be our last time to attend! It was a blast!


No comments:
Post a Comment