Friday, February 26, 2010

Lunch at Gum-Gum's

It's so easy to get caught up in the every day mundane parts of my life. Mornings are so crazy getting every one ready and making sure they catch the bus. On Mondays and Tuesdays after the bus comes, I have to rush to get Addie ready for school. Once I drop her off Ashton and I run crazy to get grocery shopping and errands run before she needs a nap and then its time to pick up Addie. On Wednesdays we babysit sweet little baby Kate so by the time Thursday comes around I'm pooped! However, my conscience has been getting to me and I have always felt bad for not spending more time visiting my grandma. So recently the girls and I have been taking my mom over to have lunch with my sweet grandma. She has always been such an important part of my life and I hope that I am as involved with my grandchildren as she has been with hers. She will be turning 85 this March and I feel so blessed to have had so much time with her and that my children are able to know and love her like I do. My oldest nephew came up with the name "Gum-Gum" and it has stuck with all the great-grandchildren.

Addie and Ashton get so excited when we pull up to the driveway and they start yelling "Gum-Gum" because they love being there. The only bad part is that Avery and Austin aren't with us. Every time I let the girls know in the morning that we will be going to Gum-Gum's, Avery and Austin beg to go! But once summer rolls around we will all be able to go! Spending time with family is much more important than the dirty house we come home to on Thursdays. I bet you can guess what I do ALL DAY Friday!! :-)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: