
I can't believe my baby is 2! There are many good things about being the youngest child... but there are also downfalls about being the youngest. One of those downfalls is that I'm soooo done with birthday parties!! So for Ashton's birthday we made it a special day with the family. It started off with donuts, of course! However, since it is summer and the kids are diggin' sleeping in, I ran over to get them before Randy left for work. Ashton's favorite is still donut holes, so we stuck a few candles in them and let her blow them out.

Randy got Ashton to answer the question, "What's today?" with "It's my boor-tay!" SUPER CUTE! She just loved all the balloons and streamers in the house. My mom came to help with the kids while I ran out to pick up the young women in our church from camp. She got Ashton this cute dress and AJ had to put it on right away. When I got home, I took the kids to McDonalds for lunch and some play time.

After McDonalds, we went over to the nursing home to visit Gum-Gum. The kids are a big hit at the nursing home. Recently Randy and I went up to Utah (more on that later) and my mom took the kids every day up to see her. My mom said the residents would know what time they would be coming in and they would be there waiting for them. They not only would brighten Gum-Gum's day but everyone else there! Gum-Gum got Ashton a princess sleeping bag which AJ was sooo excited about! Addie has the same sleeping bag and when we got home they both got there sleeping bags out on my bedroom floor to "nap" and watch a movie.
When Randy got home from work, we took the kids to Mazzios for dinner. Avery had her own birthday party to go to so we dropped her off first. Grammy Alyson, our dear friend who has taken our kids in as her own, met us at Mazzios with some adorable outfits for Ashton for her birthday. Once again, Ashton tried to take her clothes off so she could wear one of them. However, this time we were in public so I had her hold off on that!

After Mazzios we went over to the Kiddie Park to ride a few rides. As you can tell from Ashton's hair, it was super hot and humid! This was our first trip to the Kiddie Park this summer and AJ was a little nervous about riding the rides, but she finally got on the airplane ride.

And here is my poor little two year old completely wiped out from a FULL day of fun and absolutely no nap! For the next couple of days Ashton would still say that it was her "boor-tay". She is so adorable and we are so lucky to have her in our family. Happy Birthday, AJ!! You are such a light in my life!!
1 comment:
I LOVE the pictures with the donut holes. That is classic. I have already been telling my friends about your genius idea!!!
Post a Comment