We were guaranteed 4 games. They were played in 12 min. halves on small goals. Randy made sure and explained the rules to me because he was afraid I would start yelling at the referees. He knows me way too well! The first game we won 7-4, the second game we lost 3-5, third game we won 4-2, and the last game we tied 2-2. Avery played amazing! It's a very fast pace game and she didn't hold anything back.
They made it into the championship round which guarantees you two more games. The first game they lost 2-4 on some pretty bad calls, and the second one they won 8-1. So in the end, they got 5th place. Our other Bartlesville team got 2nd place. It was fun because we cheered them on while they played and they cheered us on while we played. I really enjoyed being able to just sit and watch Avery, not worrying about where the other kids were. Did I mention how hot it was... I was especially glad that I didn't have kids climbing on me and making it even hotter!
Avery had a BLAST! She enjoyed getting to know some of the girls from the other Bartlesville teams that she usually just plays against. Between games they hung out with each other, making some great friendships. Even though she was so worn out afterwards, she said she wanted to do it again! Good thing, because this week she has soccer camp and another tournament next weekend! Stay tuned!

No comments:
Post a Comment